Scrap yard relics...

Jack

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That front ballast box must be about 2 1/4 tonnes, Norman :shocked:

Certainly looks to have a little less clearance between wheel and wing than the one next to it. They're both fitted with Rolls Royce engines the owner said.

• 2 weeks later...
Sad to see those Fletcher Bros DTs looking like that, some of you will remember a few years ago a article in i think Truck magazine when they were shown in there working splendor, are they available for restoration

I hope they will be sold on soon, the cabs are looking a little worse for wear but they are ripe for restoration. However, give it a few years and it might be a different matter. I have seen a number of T's go this way.

Sad to see those Fletcher Bros DTs looking like that, some of you will remember a few years ago a article in i think Truck magazine when they were shown in there working splendor, are they available for restoration

Les

If you or anyone else is interested you could give them a ring an ask. The phone number should be readable in the photo but 0161 330 2928.

Be good to see at least one of them restored.

I can understand the upper sides rolling up or thrown on top and the lower sides forming a walking plateform as in a couple of these units parked side by side but the roof edge or gutter height seems a tad bit low in headroom.... must have a bit of heavy gear moved with them as the max limit it lists is 1083 kg's or 2382.6 lbs.

What were they used for in the Military then ?? something to do with repair of a weapons system ?

Edited by abn deuce

Well, I gotta say that you're far off target! :-)

Of course this is the swedish Trupptransportkärra 821! :-)

Personnel Trailer 821 with seating for 16, 10 back to back and 4 face to face.

There's a picture in the bible at page 308. I do belive it also was pulled by regular tractors.

Marty

• 1 month later...