Scrap yard relics...

Jack

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to them?

They seemed to get re-armed & disappeared pretty quick. Note this was not actually a scrapyard in normal sense. I don't know whether any entered the collector chain, but this is pure speculation but perhaps they were exported? Beyond that best not to ask.

One forum member has contacted me & thinks his might have come from this batch. The camo is not stone, it is more pinky on the original photo.

Here is a re-armed one:

Saladin04a.jpg

Edited by Marmite!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: I've just been to a Military scrap yard in Alvechurch which is being cleaned out, most of the military spares are going in a skip for the scrap value, all the oil filers/air filters are being burnt, Inner tubes burnt ,most of the parts are brand new,there are large bearings , seals ,clutches, cables,nuts bolts and washers etc by the ton being scraped. I spent 5 hours mooching and still didn't get to see every thing.

It's criminal to see to all this expensive military gear going to waste. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

A real WWII salvage area note the WLF at the end of the isle and the cargo bodies being used for bins.

1344976607_677ea66d3f.jpg

French caption

Stock de pièces mécaniques américain entreposé à Ecausseville sur le terrain du hangar à dirigeable.

Une allée bordée de matériel de toute sorte, sur la droite des caisses pleines d'essieux, dans le fond une grue, des camions, plusieurs hommes sont visibles.

Référence : Association historique et culturelle de Montebourg

translation

Stock of machine elements American stored with Ecausseville on the ground of the hangar with airship. An alley bordered of material of any kind, on the line of the cases full of axles, in the content a crane, trucks, several men are visible. Reference: Historical and cultural association of Montebourg