Scrap yard relics...

Jack

no, its gone to hampshire........but it is my intention to bring it back up to suffolk when its done, ive set myself a target of next summer to have it completed.......but the cab is in a really bad state, but hey i enjoy a challenge

Was this the one that was pictured in last month's Vintage Spirit magazine at the Balls Cross Charity Rally in West Sussex?

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad news.......and good news? :-)

Well , we've been promising to get the DOKA Mog moved back here for quite some time and the guy has actually been very good , it was really that he was getting pressure from his landlord to clear his own place prior to a council inspection that I finally had to get myself organised.So it is now sitting in my own yard and when when any of us gets a minute to spare we go and sweep up a bit more of the cab and throw it in the skip !

And yes , good news , getting married again in February .

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I am starting to officially think I am bonkers as the camo one is whispering to me "buy me, buy me for Christmas" :nut:

[ATTACH]38321[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]38320[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]38317[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]38322[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]38319[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]38318[/ATTACH]

Why the white paint sploges over paintwork/plastics on the Kwaka's, Mike.........is it a crude form of de-militarising them, perhaps.......

Yeah, 'crude form of de-militarising' a pity as the Malaysian Army paintjob looks fancy

It's not buying the thing Mike, it's how you get a Pinz engine in that short a wheelbase ......;)

AAAAhhhhh I am almost convinced I will buy it :nut::nut::nut::nut: going to get the tape measure out today

Go for it mike.

Ideal piece of kit if your out having fun off road in the pinz, and have a problem. just jump on the bike and go for parts.:-D sure beats walking.

Clive

aaaaaahhhhhhh I hate it when spending money on another project sounds logical :(

• 1 month later...

had a bit of a closer look. Both are missing their carburettors. None on ebay at present so the pondering continues [ATTACH]40606[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]40602[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]40603[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]40605[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]40604[/ATTACH]

Edited by fesm_ndt

• 2 weeks later...

Though not strictly a scrapyard, this public park in Russia has quite a bit of wrecked armour lying about.

http://englishrussia.com/index.php/2011/02/02/war-museum-the-closest-to-reality/#more-34866'>http://englishrussia.com/index.php/2011/02/02/war-museum-the-closest-to-reality/#more-34866'>http://englishrussia.com/index.php/2011/02/02/war-museum-the-closest-to-reality/#more-34866

Russia routinely destroys surplus tanks when they become too outdated. This can involve thousands of tanks each year, slowly dissembled by conscripts, depite the fact that they may have just a dozen miles on the clock.

http://englishrussia.com/index.php/2009/07/01/the-expired-tanks/#more-3050

The rest of the site is well worth a look through. http://englishrussia.com/

• 1 month later...

Been out and about today, seen a few oddities, here is a selection:

Unsure of this one, definately ex military but rather modified, I guess it was a glider winch latterly. It has gained a 4cylinder fordson major engine, and part of a lambourne cab from the same tractor. Anyone recognise it?

Unsure of this tug, it had a leyland diesel engine, and a large winch fitted to the rear

This old Bedford QL ended up as a timber tractor, unusually it had a Garwood winch fitted (not original I suspect). Not turned a wheel in some time, still petrol powered!

Gardner 4LW generating set, brass plate said searchlight generator, made by G.E.C.

DSC00358.jpg

DSC00357.jpg

DSC00372.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

DSC00369.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

DSC00365.jpg

DSC00366.jpg

DSC00363.jpg

The tug looks like a Douglas / Sentinal Tugmaster, built by Sentinel of Shrewsbury.

We used them back in the 70s to tow Britannias at Brize Norton. Some had cabs, some not. There is one currently residing at Kemble.

Regards,

Paul.

Now having said that I have looked at a picture of a Sentinel Tugmaster, and in the picture below, the bottom half is Sentinel, and the top half looks like Leyland Martian? Curiouser and curiouser.

Edited by Paul Drake

I found these yesterday

apologies for poor quality as they are phone pictures. Have better hi rez on CD but they are massive size files

From top down they are:

Austin Gypsy parts wreck rear

M37 radio SEV slide in body

Pair of FV2842 trailers axles removed piled atop each other

Austin Gypsy Fire engine, very complete except for front mounted pump, not military I think

FV 2842 trailer with Medium Girder Bridge pallets on top

Dodge

Data plate

M37 radio body side shot

R

bridge trailer side.jpg

dodge front.jpg

gypsy rear.jpg

m37 van sev.jpg

bridge trailers no axles.jpg

gypsy fire truck.jpg

bridge data plate.jpg