Scrap yard relics...

Jack

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great stuff ! hey!!!!

follow that link ...then scroll to the bottom of the page you come to.....

right at the bottom is another link under the heading 'trucks'...

the bottom link offered there takes you to an abandoned vehicle dump at a diamond mine in Namibia.......second photo down is a rather nice abandoned sad old Sherman tank...........

• 3 weeks later...

I very much doubt that plate has anything to do with a crane, Winget have been and still are makers of concrete mixers, dumpers and associated products.Perhaps Clive will be able to tell us what the plate refers to.

Spotted this ex army commer cabbed ford (I think) not done a days work in a while. Wonder what the military looking plate on part of the crane refers to, I assume the crane is a later addition but the bit of steel happened to have a plate on it?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52112[/ATTACH]

Ed,

The data plate refers to a piece of RAF equipment, the Stores ref. 4G is for "aircraft servicing and ground handling equipment". Probably something grafted on in later life as i do not recall the RAF using the Fordson E4 lorries. Wingets were better known for concrete mixers too.

Hi ..I live in Knaresborough North Yorkshire and found 2 relics in farm fields near my house ...The 1st appears to be a Guy GS truck ...and the second is a Karrier lorry .Whilst both are in civilian trim it has been suggested that they are both ww2 lorries .

Both have sat out for 20 plus years and are in a very poor state but if your interested i can pass on details

Jenkinov

Just got sent these on facebook, so am checking to see if anything is left..... WAFW!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52113[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52122[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52121[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52120[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52119[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52118[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52117[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52116[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52115[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52114[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]52123[/ATTACH]

Hi ..I live in Knaresborough North Yorkshire and found 2 relics in farm fields near my house ...The 1st appears to be a Guy GS truck ...and the second is a Karrier lorry .Whilst both are in civilian trim it has been suggested that they are both ww2 lorries .

Both have sat out for 20 plus years and are in a very poor state but if your interested i can pass on details

Jenkinov

Yes please - could you send me a pm with details? Many thanks

Malaysian Police. I was asked nearly a year ago if anyone would want to buy the Saxons and now I am getting pictures of them being gas axed with the Shorelands.

I'm afraid my geography is none too good. Might those be the two RHD SB301s supplied to Indonesia in 1976?

I'm afraid my geography is none too good. Might those be the two RHD SB301s supplied to Indonesia in 1976?

Close as Indonesia is accross the straits from here. Malaysia had a lot of them.

I am curious if they bought a few and then subsequently copied them as I seen one in a museum that looks standard, well to me Shoreland. Looking at these with the high roofs made me wonder if a local variant?????

Close as Indonesia is accross the straits from here. Malaysia had a lot of them.

I am curious if they bought a few and then subsequently copied them as I seen one in a museum that looks standard, well to me Shoreland. Looking at these with the high roofs made me wonder if a local variant?????

By "standard" I think you mean what most people think of as a Shorland ie with a turret this is a SB300 (assuming it is a Mk 3) This was an APC but meaning Armoured Patrol Car.

These scrapped Shorlands look like normal SB301 Shorlands. They couldn't call them an APC as that terminology had been used on the SB300, so these were APVs, Armoured Personnel Vehicles.

Ignorance of geography again, Singapore had four RHD SB401 in 1983. 401 radiator much further forwards to accomodate V8 engine, 301 just had 6-cyl.

By "standard" I think you mean what most people think of as a Shorland ie with a turret this is a SB300 (assuming it is a Mk 3) This was an APC but meaning Armoured Patrol Car.

These scrapped Shorlands look like normal SB301 Shorlands. They couldn't call them an APC as that terminology had been used on the SB300, so these were APVs, Armoured Personnel Vehicles.

Ignorance of geography again, Singapore had four RHD SB401 in 1983. 401 radiator much further forwards to accomodate V8 engine, 301 just had 6-cyl.

North of Singapore :D

Here is a piccy of one in a museum......... I seen a white one too but cant find the piccy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52139[/ATTACH]

• 2 months later...

here you go fellers just a couple of pics i have come across recently 1st one old jeep dont know what year been there for many years 2nd i think its and old water tank or fuel tank goes inside a jeep trialer and 3rd is one internationl 6x6 not in real good condition and around the tank witch didnt get pic is some thing to do with loading a 6 ponder i think ,well anyway it fits on the back of a cmp so iam lead to beleive all there iam thinking of going to get that fuel trailer thing o i cant think of the name i will post a pic and it is for nothing zero dallars and there is a spare wheel with it ok cya's

100_1439.jpg

100_1440.jpg

100_1441.jpg

100_1450.jpg

100_1451.jpg