Reporting Live from W&P 2012

Marmite!!

Thanks for the update Lee, I spent a few hours cleaning the Wolf today with the pressure washer and there's still mud on/in it.

other than the mud I had a good week, it's a shame we were somewhat cut off from the rest of the show as nobody seemed to venture past the mud into our field, but I had a few bargains and got a chance to drive around so not a bad week!

Chris

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took you for a burn up did he?

He did the big Daimler as featured in CMV this month is something else in some respects it drove me as I'm a bit of a lightweight (lacking in muscle) but I wouldn't mind doing it again at some point. The Dingo wow thats really nice its a beaut as our Australian friends would say.

Some pictures non Ferret first

M36 Jackson

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65040[/ATTACH]

M10 Achilles

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65041[/ATTACH]

Kevins carrier

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65042[/ATTACH]

Ricks Universal Carrier MK1

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65043[/ATTACH]

Dingo, Valentine, Ferret, Ram Kangaroo and Sexton??

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65048[/ATTACH]

Sat on the turret of Battlefronts Russian self propelled Gun waiting to go in the arena

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65049[/ATTACH]

Some pictures non Ferret first

Was the Jackson painted during the show as a rather rusty unpainted one disappeared from Outer Monktons at the begining of the show and a painted one appeared near the living history towards the end of the show ! Did anyone catch Jack wielding a 4 inch brush by any chance ?:D

Edited by Joris

Just got home and settled in (Monday eve) motorhome back where it lives, van back where it lives and trailer back where it lives... If only they could all be in one place (and if only the LEZ started 2 miles in the other direction)

Arrived wednesday eve, no queue everyone very helpful, the ground dried out remarkabley over a couple of days.

Had a fantastic time and discovered loads of stuff I never knew. And people were just breathtakingly nice.

As a Beltring virgin I didn't know what to expect so it was a real culture shock for the first couple of days. This peaked when I was at a bar with the Waffen SS, a French Nun and a ww!1 policeman then turned around to find a U Boat crew behind me.

I live in Essex and that doesn't happen every day..!

Yeah there was some mud but to be honest it didn't make any difference to me. 2 wheel drive rules OK.!!

Roll on next year, I can't wait.

Was the Jackson painted during the show as a rather rusty unpainted one disappeared from Outer Monktons at the begining of the show and a painted one appeared near the living history towards the end of the show ! Did anyone catch Jack wielding a 4 inch brush by any chance ?:D

Yes, during one of the mock battles the announcer mentionned it. (the painting that is, not Jack with a paintbrush :) )

A few more piccies

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65051[/ATTACH]

My RB44 just as it arrived 07:00 on Thursday morning after a six hour drive which started at midnight Wednesday / Thursday. I hate driving at night and just as I was getting my second wind (not a double fart) we changed drivers.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65052[/ATTACH]

View from A34 Comet whilst waiting to go into the arena (thanks Rick for passing up a cabby).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65053[/ATTACH]

CVRT in front I'm sorry not sure which type Scimitar, Sabre, Scorpion?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65054[/ATTACH]

A34 Comet looking back down the line Centurion behind

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65055[/ATTACH]

Taken from the gunners hatch of the Comet Neils OT-90

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65056[/ATTACH]

Jeep and Humber Scout car? Bit blurry night before hand shakes

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65058[/ATTACH]

Not sure what this is but it reminds me of the Matchbox model kit that I made years ago

Edited by ferrettkitt

This should be the last of my pictures and its all Ferret :-D I apolgies beforehand if this isn't you're thing but a 60th Anniversary is a good sign of a great military vehicle. The Austin Champ didn't make it to sixty years in military service but somewhere in this world I suspect that the Ferret has...... somewhere.

Rock n roll on the Ferrets

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65067[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65068[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65069[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65070[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65071[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65072[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65073[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65074[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65075[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65076[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65077[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65078[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65079[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65080[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65081[/ATTACH]

Edited by ferrettkitt
sentence construction thank god I don't build buildings!!

Yes it was, I painted it with three other guys from N44 :)

This should be the last of my pictures and its all Ferret :-D I apolgies beforehand if this isn't you're thing but a 60th Anniversary is a good sign of a great military vehicle. The Austin Champ didn't make it to sixty years in military service somewhere in this world but I suspect that the Ferret has...... somewhere.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65070[/ATTACH]

Bit surprised they all seem to have had the chrome finishers removed , was this normal procedure when released from the military ? :angel::angel::angel::D

Bit surprised they all seem to have had the chrome finishers removed , was this normal procedure when released from the military ? :angel::angel::angel::D

Yes, it's so the other MV's don't 'dis rapeck da bling' :)

Ferrets are still in service around the world in one form or another. As far as I remember Saudia Arabia or Jordan have some and they have been used as the basis for an internal security vehicle somewhere in South America (My memory is a bit hazy, so if someone wants to correct me..)

This should be the last of my pictures and its all Ferret :-D I apolgies beforehand if this isn't you're thing but a 60th Anniversary is a good sign of a great military vehicle. The Austin Champ didn't make it to sixty years in military service somewhere in this world but I suspect that the Ferret has...... somewhere.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65070[/ATTACH].

. First pic is of my Ferret with my daughter in the turret.

We arrived on the 14th with the jeep, halftrack and dodge and after walking the route to our pitch on Monktons we had a bit of a squelchy time driving on to the pitch but no dramas, we were camped up by the arena marshalls and it seems we were surrounded by some of the worst roads on the site. We set up our tents but by monday we were wondering if it was worth calling the low loader to pick us up on wed due to all the roads being nearly impassable to most MV's due to idiots forcing their way through ticker tapes and barriers and acting surprised when they got bottomed out. Glad we held on as spent more time in the arena than ever before and picked up runner up in the prize giving for the ambluance. Congratulations to Mark for his prize with Shrek.

Here's our halftrack finished at 2am before loading to the show.

IMG_0793.jpg

Edited by spanter
Forgot label for piccie