mk6 cromwell

You have my admiration! Beautiful view of Cromwell tank!

I rescued two bogies Cromwell scrapped more but I could not, I just had Cromwell parked outside the house renovation Cromwell tank is the highest level! I gave up, unfortunately ....

I believe I see your Cromwell in England or in person at Normandy or Hell's Highway in Holland.

thanks

with respect

Tom Higgins

foto_3.jpg

IMG_1832.jpg

IMG_1834.jpg

IMG_1833.jpg

I've seen pictures of this one or another like it they had cranes mounted and where electrically powered with a cable running out the rear, so the engine was probably removed but the g/box might be fitted or it could have had motors running straight onto the final drives

hi tom that's a nice F type hull like mine but did you say that you had to scrap the vehicle

Or did it end up in Kraliky? I remember seeing a similar condition Cromwell hull there a few years ago. From what I have heard they were originally CZ armoured brigade and ended up working in the mines after ww2....some fitted with T34 rims and rubber!

Alex

TURN UP YOUR SPEAKERS

I was walking behind following the Cromwell and took this Audio of the exhaust through the Normandy Cowl approx one foot away and just ducking short of the blast of heat. A sound of which no doubt many an infantryman experienced. (NO VIDEO)

Old Git, this audio should serve you well looped and somehow mounted in your one sixth through speakers...

Edited by ashtonpete

TURN UP YOUR SPEAKERS

I was walking behind following the Cromwell and took this Audio of the exhaust through the Normandy Cowl approx one foot away and just short of the blast of heat. A sound of which no doubt many an infantryman experienced. (NO VIDEO)

Pete rename your videos with Cromwell Tank at the start otherwise they will disappear into the youtube room 101

Thanks for that Rick, I've already got Toadmans site bookmarked. I probably should have been more specific as I was actually looking for bigger version of these two pictures...

int-1.jpg

int-2.jpg

But today I had a better look at the ones I have and have discovered that I can see just what I need to with these two, so all's well that ends well!

Here are a couple pics of the lower hull for my model, I managed to get some primer on it today and (as you'll know from doing the real deal) it's always a mile stone when you get primer on 'er!

I've got most of the various parts completed now and just require some assembly and tweaking, but this will have to wait for a couple weeks as I'm off to Normandy for three weeks on Saturday morning.

primer-5.jpg

primer-7.jpg

primer-11.jpg

primer-12.jpg

Pete,

loved the audio mate, although the little speakers on my laptop do not do it justice. I shall have to nip into the Kitchen and listen to it on the family PC! If you shoot me a copy on email I'll strip the Audio out of it and send you back the MP3 file!

Rgds

Pete

• 4 weeks later...
Or did it end up in Kraliky? I remember seeing a similar condition Cromwell hull there a few years ago. From what I have heard they were originally CZ armoured brigade and ended up working in the mines after ww2....some fitted with T34 rims and rubber!

Alex

It is by Handmet Military in Gostyn, Poland by now, as far as I know.

P-O

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great videos Shaun, almost thought you might lose the camera on one, if you know what I mean... Looked like a great time..

Rick, do you have a list of kit or have internal pics of what is suppose to go where or what was carried, schematics etc.? Also do you have any spare parts you picked up, not mechanical, but anything exterior?