mk6 cromwell

I think Rick was dropping a hint I need to buy it ....... Turning up with my name on the truck ! Anyway here are a couple more images of tank and owner .

Did Dr Hannibal Lecter escape from the new cell in the top photo :wow:? Great to see the Cromwell up and running ! All credit to those involved in the rebuild ! :D

Here's Rick taking a pose for the Milweb photographer which will be seen from a different angle when published as this is my shot. Just in case you didn't know Rick has won an award off Milweb for best classic vehicle at the show.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79452[/ATTACH]

I remember one of those bridges lying near the entrance to Rowcroft Barracks in Ashford in the 1970s and 1980s. It wouldn't fit on my bicycle, tho.

trevor

A truly magnificent achievement. Not sure how you could bear to part with it but I do understand how sometimes the satisfaction derives from the restoration itself, rather than possessing the finished article.

I can't wait to see the Churchill up and running!

I like the fact that in every picture Rick's got a big cheesy grin, like the cat who got the cream! Fair play mate, I'd be the same if she was mine and I'd gone to the efforts that you've all gone to to get her up and running.... and looking so damn fine as well!!!

Just another quick one, does anyone have any large-sized pics of the Driver and Aux Gunners compartments that were taken during restoration. A few appeared in this thread earlier but they had been re-sized and so prevented zooming in on detail. If anyone's got those in large size I'd love to see them.

Have to say that riding in Ricks Cromwell was one of the highlights of this years show. And thank you Rick for asking me and thanks to the crew for making me feel welcome.

Expertly driven around the arena by John but the dust did kind of ruin my hair :mad: But what a very smooth tank to ride in and hats off to you for taking the challenge of it on and for saving a fantastic bit of our history.