What would you fly.

agripper

After seeing the RAFBF polls on aircraft got me thinking. When I was a young lad I got to fly on most weekends as a UM as My Father was an Aircraft Engineer with BA so got to fly up and down to LHR and LBA. Lucky with being the son of staff got to spend it in the cockpit.

ANyway to the question. I always wanted to flying in any aircraft but always wanted a flight in the Lancaster, the DC3 and Meteor.

If you could choose 3 aircraft to fly in what would you pick over any other?:coffee:

De Haviland of Canda Caribou- When I was a sprog visting my sister in Canda my late Brother in Law worked for DHC. The chief delivery pilot had a son my age,and used to smuggle us on delivery trips.

Dackota- First plane I eevr sat in the cockpit off, aged about 4, happy days.

Argosy- Flew horse in them mnay times

One to avoid Bristol Freighter- Known as the Biff- Biffed you about all over the **place.

Meteor - always a favourite of mine, my dad flew one, and crashed one before it was suggested he learnt to type!

Sea Vixen - Saw these flying from Llanbedre in the 80`s when on a scout camp. Had no idea what they were, but loved them.

Victor - The front always reminded me of something out of Dan Dare or Flash Gordon. Saw and felt a fast taxi run at Elvington a couple of years ago. Every bit as impressive as the Vulcan.

Jerry

This may sound strange but I'd go for the BAC 167 Strikemaster. I've flown one a couple of times and for what it is it's great. Lots of power, excellent visibility, super simple systems, and very easy to fly. The problem with many high performance and multi engine aircraft is that the pilot becomes a systems manager, monitoring engine stats, fuel, navigation, etc. Not much time left for flying or having fun.

Second is MiG-17 just because I hope to get mine flying ......someday

Third is AD-5 Skyraider 18 cylinders, 15 hard points, 4 20mm cannons, how could one not like this! My father was a Navy fighter pilot and flew these (along with other aircraft) and said it was the most fun he ever had.

I suppose (in the end) I like anything that burns dinosaurs at an alarming rate, goes fast, and upsets my neighbors.

Hawker Typhoon, P47 D Thunderbolt, F105 Thunderchief... No maybe Focke Wulf 190, Convair B58 Hustler, Spitfire XIV ... Although English Electric Lightning, Martin B26 Marauder, A1D Skyraider... In all honesty there are three hundred warbirds that are my favourites... Good one Agripper!!!

Convair B58 Hustler

Good call! :)

My number one is deffo the F104 Starfighter [various people know me by my nickname, which is Axel:)]

Then some big bomber, in which I could wander around and occupy various stations - He177 would be exciting. A Lancaster or B17 would be nice though.

Third choice? A super-sexy Hawker Sea Fury. :P