What would you fly.

agripper

second choices would be

vought f4u corsair

b24 liberator

sunderland flying boat

Well if your allowed second choices:

TSR 2 - Love the look of these, the one at Cosford is awsome!!

Avro Canada Arrow - Another one killed off before it could show it`s full potential!

Neptune - The Dutch one at Cosford always looks good, love the colour scheme.:)

I can’t understand the fascination with Lynx, unless you see the similarities with old Land Rovers – unreliable, noisy, expensive. It makes a good campervan, though – you can get two camp-beds in the back, once you’ve thrown the six-man seat out. You just need to remember that the fuel tanks are under the floor, so its best to get some insulation down. A layer of Yellow Handbags does the trick. (AlienFTM’ll know where I’m coming from).

Oh, and you can pull birds.

ouston1.jpg

Well if your allowed second choices:

TSR 2 - Love the look of these, the one at Cosford is awsome!!

Avro Canada Arrow - Another one killed off before it could show it`s full potential!

Neptune - The Dutch one at Cosford always looks good, love the colour scheme.:)

Always thought the Arrow was one of those great aircraft that never was due to politics and pressure from the US teh same way the TSR2 suffered. I would love to have seen the arrow in service the same as seeing teh TSR2. I have seen a photo of a full size replica that it at one of the Canadian airc and space museums.

loved the film about the Arrow with Dan Ackroyd. Love the ending where they steal the last one and fly off into the sunset, if only.

avro%20arrow.jpg

avro-arrow-landing.jpg

tsr2_inflt02.jpg

Either of these airecraft would have been a good replacemert for our lightnings!

Always thought the Arrow was one of those great aircraft that never was due to politics and pressure from the US teh same way the TSR2 suffered. I would love to have seen the arrow in service the same as seeing teh TSR2. I have seen a photo of a full size replica that it at one of the Canadian airc and space museums.

loved the film about the Arrow with Dan Ackroyd. Love the ending where they steal the last one and fly off into the sunset, if only.

avro%20arrow.jpg

avro-arrow-landing.jpg

tsr2_inflt02.jpg

Either of these airecraft would have been a good replacemert for our lightnings!

Indeed, What could have been................

Would love to see the mock up of the Arrow. I have read the book on it's developement and it is a truely magnificent feat of engineering for the canadian aviation industry to have achieved when it did. I beleive it is still a raw subject in Canada, having devastated the industry their.

The CF 100 Cannuck was another great aircraft, especially when compared to the Meteor NF14's the RAF were using at the time.

Jerry:coffee:

In answer to the original question;

Bristol Beaufighter rather than Mosquito - the Mossie had an uncanny knack of killing its crews when one or other Merlin failed at low airspeed, and its water-cooled engines were susceptible to damage from ground fire. The Hercules aircooled radials on the Beaufighter were more rugged, and could still get you home with a couple of cylinder heads shot away. Plus the airframe wouldn't warp or come unglued in flight.

HP Halifax rather than Lanc, as the Halifax performed in more roles than the Lancaster. Due in part to Harris's own prejudices, the Lancaster gets too much emphasis.

EE Lightning F6, the epitome of power. Or a P51-D, or a SIAI-Marchetti SF260. But not a Lynx.

Edited by Yorkie370