You know when you are getting old...

Jack

You know when you are getting old when:

1. When you fill out an online forum and you put in your date of birth with the drop down menus you go through the 2000's, then through the 90's, 80's and then the 70's and you end up in the 60's!!:cry:
  2. You tell your kiddies to turn down their iPods or they will go deaf.
  3. You have grey bits in your stubble
  4. You walk into the tow hitch of your car twice in 10 minutes!
  5. Short hair does suit you
  6. You think Status Quo actually made some great songs......

That was what happened to me today.....

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My daughter once asked me what CD`s i had as a boy,did i watch CBBB`S

and acusses my of lying when i say that virgil on Thunderbirds was operated by strings, you could get four aniseed balls for a penny and only got the tin bath out of the coal shed on Sunday nights and went in after the girls for a bath etc, etc,

Ashley (feeling old)

you knew a record the first time it was out (your kids think your cool because you know a "new " track)......

when your asked if you had slate at school(sorry to those who did!!!)

It's worse when you start talking about how economical slates where, try to explain that you didn't write on them with chalk, only to find you can't for the life of you remember what the writing tool was made of and have to look it up in wikipedia ! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slate_%28writing%29

And they just can't believe that there were only 36 kids in two classes in your village school.

It's worse when you start talking about how economical slates where, try to explain that you didn't write on them with chalk, only to find you can't for the life of you remember what the writing tool was made of and have to look it up in wikipedia ! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slate_%28writing%29

And they just can't believe that there were only 36 kids in two classes in your village school.

:rofl::rofl:

Yes, all that is true. But every now and again something happens which reaffirms my youth. A bloke knocked on my front door the other day (apparently trying to sell something). When i opened the door he said "Is your Mum or Dad in?". "No mate" i replied "but thanks for asking".

Tim (too)

I rather like that one, Tim!

Dad