You know when you are getting old...

Jack

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great thread, takes me back to all the things I loved.

When there were only attended petrol stations and they asked what petrol you wanted and did you want a shot in it.

When Space 1999 was on and you thought that was the thing to come !

When you are telling your sons not to do something and you can remember your mum or dad telling you not to do it.

When you could get you car filled up with petrol for about £15.00 and it was in Gallons.

How I chuckle when I think back..... what was I talking about....... oh well cant remember off to bed with a Horlicks

At the butchers, he didn't take cash. He wrote on a scrap of paper what you had bought, put it in a little tin can, on an overhaed wire and shot it over to the Cashier who sat at her cash register on the other side of the shop, you then had to walk over and pay her....

used to fascinate me when I was five.

I felt really old on Saturday night. Me and the girls from work went out on a hen night. The bride to be is a sweetheart, she is not in any way a raver so I knew it wouldn't be a drunkered do. Well after a nice meal she wanted to go to a nightclub :shake:

anyway we got there and one of the other girls (21 yr old) was egging me to dance, well I couldn't dance as the racket coming from the speakers was awful, not only this but she was singing along to words I couldn't even hear or understand!!!!!!! THEN another girl from another group who was wearing a tube that only just covered her boobs but didnt quite cover her bum :confused: decided it would be a good idea to lift her dress and prance about in her undies :shocked:

I sat there with my 2 managers (both the same age as me) feeling decidedly uncomfortable!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I got home R-cubed even said how sober I was considering I had been on a hen night!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to add to the list of feeling old, our eldest son has asked R-cubed if he was in WW11 :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I remember our some of the beer at our pub being delivered by the Dray... Watneys Red Barrel being delivered by tanker & was pumped into big stainless still vessels called "Sputniks" & most of the pipes in our cellar were still made of glass, not plastic.. & we still had the hatch on the side of the pub which was the Off Licence...

I also remember when our pub in Wapping Lane was full of dockers..

Oh & pub's had soda syphon's & large bottles of mixers on the counter... all free of charge

Going to the gents at the Pub, walking through the door and finding yourself in an open air Urinal, with the rain soaking your hair.....

Yep we had those... & when pubs had Beano coaches turning up on their way to the seaside... the "No Coaches" sign hadn't been invented then