Do you use your MV as everyday.......

Lord Burley

My wife has a normal car & for nearly 30 years I had to use my MV as my day to day transport on a 40 mile round trip.

Lightweight

Rover ambulance

Carawagon

Dutch lightweight

RAF 90

Wolf

The best was the Carawagon, I could make a cup of tea, have some baked beans, have a lie down & wait for the traffic to die down before going home. The car park changed to multi-storey, so that had to go.

Transport???. I did when i first learnt how to drive. My Jeep.

Me too, exactly that.

I first learned to drive in a Jeep and it was my first 'car' that I used on the road, and thats all I had for several years.

When I first started out in business in the building game, I bought a Jimmy. Mostly just used the jeep for backwards and forwards, but used to Jimmy for scaffolding etc...........Its true, the locals called my fledgling business 'White star construction' - one customer, having returned from a holiday in florida, bought me home a custom No plate embossed with 'A-team builders' - :)

Then, a few years later I had a couple of ex USAAF Dodge power wagons.

But alas, it just ain't the way it was - and now have Ford transit, just like every other swinging dick at the coffee machine.:coffee:

Life has lost a lot of its flavour, :-(

..............and that is just in my life time, my old man used to buy jeeps £20 each, and use them on demolition sites. Our yard always had a couple of jeeps in it. Diamond Ts were used for the heavy work. I have pictures here of a Diamond T pulling a house down with its winch, clearing houses out the way for the 'new' A-12 road from London to Yarmouth - must have been the 1960's, .........when you could buy a Jeep for £20, and you walking away from a Dodge ambulance for £30, ( 'cos it had an iffy back axle)

A different life.

Yep

used to use my Series 3 Landy for work, bit of a squeeze getting the toolbox in as it had a full roll cage!!

Still use my jeep in the warmer months, beats sitting in a stuffy car.

Even use my Indian on the really warm days! but we dont get too many of them.

in fact i might use it today, possibly for the last time :-(

Baz

I sometimes take my Gaz69M to work if I can make it in early enough to get on-site parking. Also use it for shopping runs on weekends. When I lived in Germany I would often ride my KMZ (Dnepr) MW-750 outfit to work.
Are you near Bellingham???. Sometimes see a Gaz parked in the leisure center car park??.

Hmm let's see.....

The Stalwart - too big and really needs a crew of 2 for safety anyway (when it's running that is!!) :)

The OT-90 - B*st*rds won't register it - but even if they did a crew of 2 - preferably 3 - would be required for safety. :)

The S3 Landie - get it to 40 mph and suddenly the back tries to overtake the front -plus it's being sprayed down at the Fort right now.... :)

I have used the Berna to go to and from work (23 miles)a few times but compared with the Volvo S60 T5 it does,nt stack up well (52 mph vs 1## mph,

12mpg vs 30mpg no aircon or cruise..). But it does have more personality. When they finish the speedcamera installations on the route to work it may make more sense!!:confused:

seeing as I have the Roadsure MV insurance policy then no... it specifically excludes commuting and I have no wish to be done for driving without insurance :coffee:

They will cover 'occasional ' use if asked. I have as I sometimes take a vehicle to work then on to a show when I've finished.

seeing as I have the Roadsure MV insurance policy then no... it specifically excludes commuting and I have no wish to be done for driving without insurance :coffee:

Yes you are right, I always used to insure my everyday MV on a normal policy.

nah as much as i would like to, the stalwart is a pain for anything more than about 5 miles on the road, great off road but not on, the 432 too high maintenance to use on road regularly and my ears would not be able to take it, the gaz 69 is without roof right now and not yet registered but maybe....the otheres when registered will be used from time to time but not regularly...and only when i am taking them to a show or off road course, like the awdc one on the 4th October....

Yes, use the 90 every day, even collected customers from their hotel in it.

Before that used a lightweight daily.

Have also driven Ferret, BV206 and CVRT to work.

Will take the Abbot next year, once I have serviced the pack and minimised the oil leaks!