Spotted today....

Richard Farrant

What i think was a U.S. M10 or M332 ammunition trailer, Looked like it had a recent paint job being towed by a modern pick-up 4x4 in Daventry Northants at about 16:30 today.

Anyone on here ?

Edited by flywheel

Driving home from Smallwood I remembered some months ago hearing about old military planes/helicopters being broken on the site of what was Hixon airfield.

This is what you can see from the road:

103.jpg

104.jpg

105.jpg

107.jpg

Driving home from Smallwood I remembered some months ago hearing about old military planes/helicopters being broken on the site of what was Hixon airfield.

Hercules & a Sea King, I assume they're being dismantled for spares, as there's not a JCB to be seen!

The show at Newark was the AEC centenary rally for which, I believe, the Dakota was organised. It passed over the site three or four times. There weren't many military vehicles there, about a dozen Matadors and a couple of Militants (including 052's lovely maroon one) but altogether there were 650 old lorries and buses! Diesel heaven.:-)

Well not quite spotted today. Sort of Tuesday last week and you could call them holiday snaps.

Hercules C130J C4 heading up Windemere.

Did not have camera ready for the one later in the week when I had a nice top view. as it passed below Loughrigg Fell

Oh and I also failed to get pictures of the $ Hamks, 6 Tucanos, 2 Typhoons and 5 Tornados and 1 very low flying Puma (it had to climb to clear the trees and houses at the North of Grasmere)

Mike

herc1.jpg

herc2.jpg