Speed Cameras

Papav66

Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera, even 1mph over the specified limit, it is registered and put on a database?

You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or, (this is the bit that I didn't know) if you receive over 10 near misses, you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit. This is why you hear of people being done for 34mph in a 30mph zone, when others doing 39 escape. You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following web address:

http://www.i-database.co.uk/

cheers

Paul

Amazingly informative site, a MUST see for Drivers!

Did you know that every time your car goes past a speed camera, even 1mph over the specified limit, it is registered and put on a database?

You only get a ticket if you are way over the limit or, (this is the bit that I didn't know) if you receive over 10 near misses, you will be classed as a serial offender and get a ticket the next time you go just over the limit. This is why you hear of people being done for 34mph in a 30mph zone, when others doing 39 escape. You can check what has been registered against your vehicle at the following web address:

http://www.i-database.co.uk/

cheers

Paul

This is why you hear of people being done for 34mph in a 30mph zone, when others doing 39 escape.

In Holland everyone doing 34mph in a 30mph zone gets a "speeding" ticket. They allow for speed measurement deviation, so they substract a few kms/hr, and then fine you for going a few kms/hr over the limit. Even when you are driving in the middle of the night with no-one else around you . . . .

How funny, I've tried to check my record, being an Italian Driver (and don't forget that for us 4000rpm is just tickover), and I discovered a BIG mistake. No way I am doing 37.9 in a 39 mph limit. I speed at least 70mph...

To whose authority should I address my complaint to restore my Driver's reputation?

Andrea

italian driver.JPG

put the registaration of my Dodge Weapons Carrier WC63 into it and got this result.

Vehicle FSU *** has recent speed offences registered againast it.

Search completed on Thursday, 26 March 2009 10:23 pm

County Cleveland

Town Middlesbrough

Road A19

Location Thornaby A66 Carriageway

Grid Ref NZ446526

Camera Ref 3962

Speed Limit 70mph

Speed Recorded 81.2mph

Date of Offence Confirmed on March 20 2009

ACTIVE SPEED OFFENCE

FOR FSU ***

Never new it could go that fast

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

You lousy *******! Here's me so proud of my clean license and then I discover I was caught on camera speeding in Cornwall on 1 November 2010. I was doing 73.8 in a 60 MPH area. Now I know I'm slowly going gaga but I think I can remember being in Cornwall a few days ago. I tried AA route finder and it couldn't find the place where I was alleged to have committed the offence so I tried a few other ways of finding the place and it took me to the original website. So I came back to the original posting on this Forum and read pages 2 & 3. Doh!

In 49 years of driving I have only being caught twice and fined. Once for doing 45 in a 30 MPH area whilst driving a breakdown truck in 1966. I had been called out by the Police to move a car that had broken down in an underpass in Birmingham City centre and once for doing 96.4 on the M74 in Scotland. £24 pounds and 3 points thank you!

My moment of embarrasment was being pulled over on the M6 one night doing 85 mph by a motorway Police Jag. I had to sit in the back of the Jag to be told off. When I got in the back I saw a digital display on the passenger side. I said, "There's no way I was doing 111.5!" The Police driver said, "It's 11-15 pm sir. That's the clock!" I was let off but I am sure I was the subject of a good laugh at the Police Station!":blush:

Phil