Miltracks at Overloon, Netherlands May 2024

Who has been to Miltracks in the Netherlands? Is anyone going from the UK

Is it easy to get to and by what means. I wont be driving in a Lwt Land rover and my car is needed by my other half.

Fly in and rent a car is one idea, but where to stay for two adults is also something I need to research. I guess there are Premier Inn equivalents to use in the area.

If I am not driving from the UK I would discount the camping option, unless we travel really light, without all the comforts of living out of the back of a Lwt. 

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

Having a car is a good idea. There is a motorway (A73)s nearby but with public transport may be a bit less than ideal.

Be there early in the mornoing, it gets busy, especially to park a car.

Eindhoven airport is probably best if you can get a flight to there. Amsterdam/Schiphol is a lot further away and I assume busyer (sp?).

Camping or hotel may be a option, or maybe a bed and breakfast?

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried to hire a car in Holland with a UK Pink paper driving icence?

I have not moved since the 1980s so my Driving Licence is still current, with no penalty points and none pending

Obviously I will have my UK Passport with me too.

Hello LarryH57,

I would find a hire company you like and email them. I am unsure if you need an International Driving Permit (IDP) if you do not have a photocard style licence so it would be worth checking before you set off to save complications.

Militracks does indeed get very busy, especially if you want to ride on a vehicle. When I have been I have found it to be well organised and a great day out. As for hotels in the area I cannot help, but when I visit Ciney Expo I have found AirB&B website very useful and well priced.

Regards

Paul