Site Adverts

Rangie

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, it is slightly better for me now. The advert at the bottom of the page which would slide in and out seems to have gone.

But I still have the large ad at the top of the page, and the occasional ad interspersed into the text, which look like a reply to the topic, and so can lead to non sequitur moments.

Thanks for resolving what you have, but do we know the reason for it? Will it ever get back to the previous (better) format?

Best Regards,

Adrian

Far fewer people are responding to my restoration thread in "motorcycles".  What with FB and now these adds popping up all over the screen. I fear this is another dying forum. Very sad!  Ron

Edited by Ron

Each time I open a thread that has new activity I now get a full page ad that I have to close. This is to go with the banner at the top and the one at the bottom of the screen.

I rarely look at the forum now on my phone, even with ad blockers its still very difficult to navigate. I now check in every few days on my work pc, even typing now I have 4 adverts around the typing dialogue box..

It is bizarre that I no longer seem to have problems with the advertisements. I have now insttalled an adblocker on my PC but even on my Android phone the forum seems to have reverted to its pre-advertisement behaviour.

It is extremely bizarre that this started spontaneously, for me has equally spontaneously gone away again, and now is affecting some people and not others, and all without any action or change to the forum by the moderators. Very odd.

As already explained by somebody else: 

try scrolling down to the bottom of the page to where it says Theme, click on this then click on Default, this should clear the adds, only you will have to do this with each visit to the forum. Hope this helps.
It worked on my computer, no more ads here!
I’ve done this on my Mac and on my iPhone, works a treat! 
👍

47 minutes ago, rewdco said:

As already explained by somebody else: 

try scrolling down to the bottom of the page to where it says Theme, click on this then click on Default, this should clear the adds, only you will have to do this with each visit to the forum. Hope this helps.
It worked on my computer, no more ads here!
I’ve done this on my Mac and on my iPhone, works a treat! 
👍

It worked for the first few times for me Jan. But the pop ups took over again. Ron

RE: Adverts

This evening I have tried the "click on Theme and then default" as suggested by Ron.  But it does not work for me. I am using Chrome browser on a 2 year old Dell laptop. I have an advert for "Path to Success" along the bottom of the page, advert for ebay on the header and amongst the posts adverts for a women called Maria Teresa for over 6o's, Avon eye make up in Polish I think and Hotels rooms from Novotel as below. Also as someone else mentioned, some of these advert move about on the page which is a pain.

image.thumb.png.268b667c1c9bc5a1d3ff3c53caba441c.png

image.thumb.png.11a6cc0f7c78e8ece2e67c140617e1b7.png

53 minutes ago, Ron said:

I'm a Ludite Richard. Do I just google Adbloker and then follow the simple instructions??

Cheers Ron

Hi Ron,

I'm would probably class myself as a Ludite too Ron !  Someone on the forum said how to do it, I use Firefox and someone said that there was an icon at the top right hand of the screen, I found it, clicked on to it and bingo, all the trash adverts were gone. Try searching for Adblocker on Google search engine.