Site Adverts

Rangie

It’s still as bad as ever for me. Don’t bother coming here as much as I used to because of the annoying ads.

It now actually takes some time to search though all the cr@p littering the page to find the important stuff I come here to read

I know that forum / website owners hate adblockers, and to be honest I have nothing against static, relevant ads but I simply can't read anything if there are moving images on a page.

The answer as others have said is a browser like Firefox that enables the easy use of an adblocker. I see no ads here at all, neither do I when using Microsoft Edge at work, using an adblocker. They really work.

I may have made a breakthrough, there is a browser called Brave Browser, a mate swears by it and he's just opened up the forum in it on his machine.

No ads (apart from the Flux/Allied Forces Site Ads, they are fine). I'm going to install the browser tonight and have a play with it. Its Chromium based and you can select to block/aggressively block adverts, also to allow certain adverts.

If it works, it'll be a gamechanger for me 😁

@Jack it doesn't help the issues at your end but may help them at ours? The joys of technology eh? 🙄

Alec.

For those on FIREFOX...

Open Firefox and press Ctrl + Shift + A at the same time, this opens your Add-ons & Extensions menu

It will look something like this:
2023-08-04_010503.jpg.a4a0b0141c56ea94e085cf9c43813c85.jpg

At the top you will see a search bar. Search for the 3 extensions listed here (copy the exact name and check the logo to make you sure you have the correct ones), click on them and press the blue 'Add to Firefox'-button. The adblocker for Youtube is not needed for the forum but is a blessing if you use Youtube.

After you added the adblockers you want, completely close the browser and re-open it. If you go to the forum now most if not all of the intrusive ads should be gone. I think the 'official' ads (that sponsor the forum) should be OK.

• Like 1

Done.

I'm running Brave Browser now. Free install, no hidden costs, No ads except site-sponsored ones, the Forum is back to looking itself!

It just shows how invasive adverts have become. I was popping in once or twice a week because I couldn't be ar$ed with it all. Normal service has been resumed for me.

@Jack good luck with the ads and spam control old bean!

Alec.

HMVF Brave 01 [04-08-2023].jpg

HMVF Brave 02 [04-08-2023].jpg