War and Peace 2023?

John Pearson

Anyone got any firm news? Website for 2023 exists but seems to be a "front sheet" only with no content and none of the links work. Show is not on the Hop Farm programme. Obviously looks like it is off but has there been any official statement? I guess that the presence or not of a stall at Stoneleigh will be definitive?

• Like 1

At the Last Militaria fair. They had a stall, but were Billy No-Mates!

No One wanted anything to do with them!......Once trust is lost, you never get it back!.....

It would seem that the 'Owner' has a documented history of starting companies. Then closing them down. & opening another under a new Name!.....I wonder why that was?.......😎

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Its being advertised as "The War and Peace Show", not Revival. Remove one word, does that mean a different company running it or has it been changed for a reason ??? The mind boggles, just hoping that all the people owed monies get it all back, smelling a rat here.  

• Like 2

On 1/31/2023 at 8:03 PM, Dodgey 63 said:

Its being advertised as "The War and Peace Show", not Revival. Remove one word, does that mean a different company running it

The 2 Directors of W & P not only dropped the Revival name last year, but formed a New Company too in April 2022, "Blosville Limited", trading as "The War & Peace Show" ....   War & Peace Revival Limited that ran the previous shows and owes the refunds is still listed by Company House as Active

Note...."War & Peace Show Ltd" is a dormant Company Still owned by Rex Cadnam, the former owner of the show

Edited by Nick Johns

1 hour ago, gordonb said:

Thanks for that but that site has been there since autumn last year (it  is just 2022's site with that year's show dates changed), nothing on it works and it has not been updated since. I am glad I never paid because it looks pretty certain that there will be no show and no refunds either. Any bets on whether the company that owes the refunds is still solvent?

I guess the show is basically dead?

A pity, I enjoyed going there to see the displays, battles, stalls and meeting up with friends.

Guess after brexit it would be a lot of extra hassle for me coming over from the Netherlands anyway.

Still, I have a lot of fun there. Who knows what the future holds, maybe a European version?

Or you rejoin the EU?...but lets not open that can of mines.😅

• Like 1

Hi

W&P has had it's day, It was great fun (even when it was muddy)

DSC_0004.thumb.JPG.77beab3da1f63bf59ce6eba057a14f94.JPGDSC_0006.thumb.JPG.7c1cee152a5bdcaf35769db18508b358.JPGDSC_0021.thumb.JPG.8e68507015b8fa7b74cc91872d838fa6.JPG

.....  but time to move on. There are plenty of other shows on 

As for advertising a 2023 event.... there is no mention of it on the Hop Farm events page see https://thehopfarm.co.uk/events

See you at Solent Overlord, Southwick D Day, Capel, Military Odyssey and some other smaller local shows 

Cheers

Richard

• Like 3