Scrap yard relics...

Jack

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 6x6 Leyland above I think could be a Crossley , I've been trying to see if the lights were slightly higher than on the Hippo model , It looks to have had possibly a full body up to the windscreen and maybe used as fairground transport ,, there's a couple of things in this pic that might be recognized maybe not whats left of the truck behind the tree or more to the point a tree thats grown through the truck :)

silverbusplusyouthsdadsbuspics318.jpg

the 6x6 Leyland above I think could be a Crossley , I've been trying to see if the lights were slightly higher than on the Hippo model , It looks to have had possibly a full body up to the windscreen and maybe used as fairground transport ,, there's a couple of things in this pic that might be recognized maybe not whats left of the truck behind the tree or more to the point a tree thats grown through the truck :)

silverbusplusyouthsdadsbuspics318.jpg

Doesnt it just break your heart that things like these are just left to Rot!.......:cry:

cheers Morris C8 the more I look at the different Leylands the more I think it could be a Hippo? I'll find out when I call past on better weather ,,

Its strange what people tel you about and when you get there its nothing like what it should be followed up a lead about an old Canadian Ford gun tractor , only to find it had been used hauling timber through the woods and had a Perkins diesel fitted and more of a box section roll cage come cab :( ,, then spotting an old truck with a tree growing through it just like the pic in the above post ,, this truck below was so bad that I have taken a photo of the rear wheel , a good chance someone will recognize what the truck might be ,, another truck I've taken a shot of the front wheel as I think there was no rear end

silverbusplusyouthsdadsbuspics352.jpg

silverbusplusyouthsdadsbuspics350.jpg

the one below not much left

silverbusplusyouthsdadsbuspics336.jpg

silverbusplusyouthsdadsbuspics337.jpg

silverbusplusyouthsdadsbuspics348.jpg

Edited by phil munga

Hi all, come on Guys your not doing to well in spotting what the remains of these vehicles are in post 602 there is the rear of a chassis showing , just behind is a driven front axle it has what looks like strengthening bars running from one end to under the diff to the other axle end any idea as to what it might be from ?

maybe the pic does not show quite enough of it , or it was a comonly used axle ,, how about the remains in post 605 someone must recognize those wheels ?

this photo shows a Guy radiator I've searched for over an hour trying to find a vehicle that might have an offset radiator or starting handle , I'm thinking thats what the offset hole is for but have not been able to find anything only similar with central starting handle positions ,any ideas ?

I'm not sure what the remains are behind the radiator or if it belonged to it

looking forward to your replies

silverbusplusyouthsdadsbuspics359.jpg

Edited by phil munga
more to add

Hi all, come on Guys your not doing to well in spotting what the remains of these vehicles are in post 602 there is the rear of a chassis showing , just behind is a driven front axle it has what looks like strengthening bars running from one end to under the diff to the other axle end any idea as to what it might be from ?

this photo shows a Guy radiator I've searched for over an hour trying to find a vehicle that might have an offset radiator or starting handle , I'm thinking thats what the offset hole is for but have not been able to find anything only similar with central starting handle positions ,any ideas ?

Phil,

You have the advantage over us, having taken the photos, but the axle is not all that clear. I think you may be looking at a Morris Commercial axle, could be off a MRA-1, as they had two bars running side to side under the front axle.

As for the Guy rad, I would think something has penetrated the core, it does not look like a purpose made hole for a crank handle.

By the way, I have sent you a PM, on another subject that you may be able to answer.

regards, Richard

Edited by Richard Farrant
detail

Hi all , Well I was thinking that if someone might have ownd a vehicle that this type of axle was off and how often the wheel nuts should be checked then it would be identified prety quick :cool2: ,

I was thinking it was quite narow and the two bars quite thin so maybe C8 ,, when I get chance and now the weather is beter I'll have to arange another apointment to get some more pics and details of what he'll be prepared to sell ,,

how about the other pics of whats left of a truck the front wheel ive searched through many threads and have drawn a blank I was thinking pos American ,,,

The Guy radiator, I did get a close look and though it had been made with the hole through the way the tubes were formed , but on looking at the pic it may have been altered maybe for a power take off , did not think the tubes were squashed of show signs of penatration ,

These should be a bit better to identify , there was some chassis cut up :cry: and there were rear sections

with double drive a couple with a pair of axles , and one like a truck on the forum getting rebuilt single diff driving through cases ,,

silverbusplusyouthsdadsbuspics344.jpg

silverbusplusyouthsdadsbuspics349.jpg

the engine below looks like there's a gear selector connected to the side

silverbusplusyouthsdadsbuspics355.jpg

Edited by phil munga

I want to say Militant for the middle picture?

I think its been cut through the chassis and its upside down , so laid on the chassis :) , I'm not sure what its from and can take a long time searching through the posts to find out ,, any clues to the engine it was a good size so maybe from a good size truck ,

Here's a question that I keep asking myself why are military engines a lighter shade of green ? even my munga engine is done like this

Hi all , I have taken a photo of a front wheel , In the hope someone might recognize what the truck might be ??? I'm going to be calling to this place soon to get more photos and will try again to see if some parts can be bought :)

rear end of chassis with axle set-up

silverbusplusyouthsdadsbuspics347.jpg

as you can see front axle which told me what the vehicle believe its from the same Scammel as the cab

silverbusplusyouthsdadsbuspics346.jpg

Hi all , I have taken a photo of a front wheel , In the hope someone might recognize what the truck might be ??? I'm going to be calling to this place soon to get more photos and will try again to see if some parts can be bought :)

rear end of chassis with axle set-up

silverbusplusyouthsdadsbuspics347.jpg

as you can see front axle which told me what the vehicle believe its from the same Scammel as the cab

silverbusplusyouthsdadsbuspics346.jpg

Certainly looks Explorer like!

Mike, its the wheel and remains at the top of that post that could do with naming , I've been searching all the gallerys for a few vehicles " which is quite hard at the moment seem to have ARC eye or grinding spark maybe got under PPE :cry: just the one eye but not nice" anyhow give up on these next two,

silverbusplusyouthsdadsbuspics332.jpg

Half cab looks too have been another crane

silverbusplusyouthsdadsbuspics325.jpg