Scrap yard relics...

Jack

is that supposed to be a dozer blade on the front or just something to steady it ?

not sure but don't seem much to it so most likely to dig in to anchor whilst recovering. I noticed the Volvo wreckers here have the similar dirty great big anchors on the back.

I seen a few of these old Bedfords floating around also

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Roman Brasov's (still there....... I like these but the missus would not approve) & a small police car that has been condensed.. Surely somebody would like an 8 ton truck or two?

Isuzu army truck and some Volvos hiding behind a Land Rover

Edited by fesm_ndt

yep I sent 6 to UK a few months back. This latest batch are extremely bad and the owner of this particuliar yard (in the last post) is extremely eccentric (that polite for what I am really thinking).

Actually everything I posted in here is for sale. The main reason I joined this group, just in case someone wants something different.

I keep pushing the Roman Brasov DACS as good prices, the diesel stonefields but Landrovers tend to be well overpriced which is a pity as there is a yard full of LR fire trucks

Austrian........ last of.

None of that hodge podge from UK :) (sorry regurgitating several Pinz owners rants. Actually interesting as several of the annoying bits on Pinz were because the MOD insisted based off Landrover specifications)

The Malaysian Army add some quirks, some a bit odd but thats always the case

Austrian........ last of.

None of that hodge podge from UK :) (sorry regurgitating several Pinz owners rants. Actually interesting as several of the annoying bits on Pinz were because the MOD insisted based off Landrover specifications)

The Malaysian Army add some quirks, some a bit odd but thats always the case

Annoying bits??.Can you give any details???.

Landrover spec items:

- airvent for driver (incredibly useless)

- fold down tailgate

- the really daft fuel filler. Landrover argued that you could replace the filler by the cap. Pinz were modified with this dumb filler extension with allen bolts holding it on. So in effect you have a locking fuel cap that can be removed with 3 allen key bolts.

those spring to mind. They made a few short ones to but apparently they liked to fall over

Couple of other questions?? Whats the seating position like. As when ever i see them being driven here. The drivers always seemed very cramped. Also top speed??. I came across 3 a few months back coming through the Dartford crossing. I was fully loaded in the 101 towing a Sankey as well. They didnt look like they were hanging about. I got the thumbs-up as i passed.and carried on pulling past 70mph with O/D engaged. They didntseem like they could keep up.

P.S could you p.m me with details of shipping a decent one other and prices??.

Couple of other questions?? Whats the seating position like. As when ever i see them being driven here. The drivers always seemed very cramped. Also top speed??. I came across 3 a few months back coming through the Dartford crossing. I was fully loaded in the 101 towing a Sankey as well. They didnt look like they were hanging about. I got the thumbs-up as i passed.and carried on pulling past 70mph with O/D engaged. They didntseem like they could keep up.

I think the seatings ok and I am a FB... definately better than a Landrover Lightweight.

I haven't had mine out on the hwy but 716 are supposed to hit 100kmh and 718 80kmh, I think (just about to doze off here).

Another MOD problem is the 16 x 9 tyres, great for offroad but does mess with the gears. I have been told its better to fit 32" diameter tyre.

Maybe going slow also as UK MOD, politically correct etc :-D