Scrap yard relics...

Jack

Crikey. You are right! i would not have noticed unless you had pointed it out.

Tim (too)

yep the only military contract and last was to Malaysia. Diesel ones... We threw some diffs in a sea container a few months ago.

Apologies I was bleary eyed last night. The jeeps are KM410 derivitives, the white polis wagon is an Iveco and some Volvo C303's.

The Roman Brasov's are around 96 era.

regards

Mike

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Since I was wandering round with dolly, here's some photomagraphical records of our adventures this morning:

An actual STEAM roller in need of a polish:

Image058.jpg

Hi this is a Huber Motor roller I used to have one , they're fitted with catapilar D2/ D4 diesel engines with donkey starter engine ( still have a spare donkey engine in bits ) these rollers were brought over during WW2 to keep the airfields right , the one I had was from an airfield near York , they were quite advanced with hydraulic steering and a ram at the rear for the tine bar , nice looking diesel roller and looks to be in its correct olive drab paint what can be seen of it :-D

Edited by phil munga
more to add

attachment.php?attachmentid=10436&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1242142805

this is a bit like the said gun tractor ,,

I like the look of the old albion trucks and reading through these posts a lwb is mentioned this breaker had a LWB in a barn next to his house which was next to the yard , I'm not sure what type it was , looked a nice shape to the cab maybe timber framed , radiator up front :)

Hello all,

While browsing through this thread I came upon this pic:

and three more O854's " somewhere on Malta"

18-12-2007211338.jpg

It's not in Malta. I's on Cyprus very close to Larnaca. IIt is the Lanitis Bros scrap yard right next to an oil refinery. There are tons and tons of goodies in there.

Fyll

and this one was in a Landrover breakers yard in the UK

download.php?id=683&f=5

can anyone tell me more about this type of truck ,, I've been told about an old truck that I used to see now and then , its now in a breakers yard , it has a roof hatch , 4 wheel drive? it could be an international , runs on petrol might be older than the above truck ,,, its never been reregisterd since leaving service was used on trade plates ,,,,, I know this seems a long shot ,

, might be able to go for a drive out at the weekend to try and get some pics

Regards Phil

can anyone tell me more about this type of truck ,, I've been told about an old truck that I used to see now and then , its now in a breakers yard , it has a roof hatch , 4 wheel drive? it could be an international , runs on petrol might be older than the above truck ,,, its never been reregisterd since leaving service was used on trade plates ,,,,, I know this seems a long shot ,

, might be able to go for a drive out at the weekend to try and get some pics

Regards Phil

This was in a Land Rover breakers yard in Cambridgeshire called FenLandrover about 12 months ago. Was for sale, not actively, I just asked about it whilst I was there. Apparently becoming quite rare.