Lying about a mile out on the sandy bay at Aberlady in East Lothian, and only visible at low tide, are the remains of two mini submarines. They are in fact X T craft, which were the training version of the X craft. X craft were used in the attack on the German battleship Tirpitz.
The X T craft were towed to Aberlady Bay in 1946 and use for target practice by the RAF. Afterwards they were left to rot.
Corrosion and bomb damage have not been kind to the submarines, most of the outer casing has disappeared, and there are large holes in the pressure hull. The engines are still inside, they are Gardner engines of the type that were fitted to london buses.