who is older - you or your vehicle

john fox

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.........I've just had a bit of a shock :schocked:

It would appear that I am the oldest wreck currently in this household, :shake: very closely followed by the Pig, the Ferret ............. then comes Hardypigginferret himself followed by assorted L/W Land Rovers.

Concidering my great age and the fact that I was the only one produced I think I'm in need of a HF type renovation :-D ........................ the new kitchen dosn't count :nono: but a couple of outfits compete with shoes suitable for the summer months would do. :yay:

The first person to suggest anything in DPM is off my Christmas List. :box:

• 3 years later...

My Saracen's birthday is 2nd February 1956, mine is 30th April 1968......I'm 42 this year, Saracen is approx 54, give or take a day or so.... We are both in about the same condition..... a little honest wear and tear, here and there.... Saracen is better looking though!:-D

The Dodge's Ruby and Katy, and the BSA folding bike are older than me, Katy is two years older than Ruby. The 101 was younger than me. The two current rebuilds are slightly younger than me, and younger than Tom. But I'm catching the Dodge's up. From fickle youth to ecentric old buffer without a pause.:cool2:

Today is the 93rd birthday of the rh cylinder block on our Autocar. Not sure about the rest of the lorry but it is probably pretty close! That makes it 48 years older than me which is still more than double my age although I am catching up. We had better get a move on with the Dennis so that it is done whilst I am still young enough to swing the handle! :D

Steve