I wish I had never sold.........

Locolines

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So lesson learned so far is never sell your beloved vehicle to fund your love life. Stick with your wheels !!!!!

Yes sound advice, i was very nearly going to sell mine, to finance a 7 seater car, but something told me money would be better invested to get my jeep back on the road, and now a little voice on here has convinced me that is the right choice to make....... Thanks Locolines

Yes sound advice, i was very nearly going to sell mine, to finance a 7 seater car, but something told me money would be better invested to get my jeep back on the road, and now a little voice on here has convinced me that is the right choice to make....... Thanks Locolines

You can pick up a used 7 seater quite cheap, once it breacks throw it away! There are plenty more out ther. Ex Military vehicles such as Dodges and even the J**p, they 'ain't making any more!:D

Don't be sad folks. The vehicle might be gone but this thread has brought the memories back. For me it was my Honda CB 250 Superdream. Loads of happy miles and memories but £200 was a lot of money to me then when I needed it.

Wish I had kept the 432 and got more film of it driving but it was probably a good decision to let it go. Cant see me selling the Ferret any time soon.

• 4 weeks later...

My 1934 Austin Light 12 Open Tourer (Harriet) sold when I moved to a job in Scotland from southern England, couldn't find anywhere to store her. Where did she go to? My 1958 4 wheeled Isetta (Hermann). I did over 50,000 miles and moved house in that. Gone but not forgotten!! My 1938 Hillman Minx Convertible (Clementine) did some great 'courting' in that one. :-(:-(:-(

My 1934 Austin Light 12 Open Tourer (Harriet) sold when I moved to a job in Scotland from southern England, couldn't find anywhere to store her. Where did she go to? My 1958 4 wheeled Isetta (Hermann). I did over 50,000 miles and moved house in that. Gone but not forgotten!! My 1938 Hillman Minx Convertible (Clementine) did some great 'courting' in that one. :-(:-(:-(

Dont suppose that you would like to elaborate................... no of course not. I used to have a 1937 Hillman Minx, it had a good deal wrong with it, no starter, my friends had to push start it (This was in 1959 / 60 ) no inside door handle on the passenger door, I had to let my wife, then my girlfriend, out of the car. When ever I dropped her off at home all of the neighbours used to tell her parents, by gum, shes got her self a real gentleman this time!!!! if only they had known. I had to scrap it when the ten year test was introduced.......... we still talk about that car now, including my friends that travelled with us at that time............. I once parked outside of a country pub, the village bobby was passing on his bike, he stopped and said, just move that car up a little, we said, its not worth starting the engine, we will push it. (Could not start the engine, no starter motor)

Brilliant thread. The only things I regret selling are two cameras - which, if you know me, will make sense.

My first proper photographers camera - a Yashica Lynx rangefinder - it had a broken shutter leaf on the fixed lens. But it was very special to me.

First SLR - Fujica ST705W (Pentax copy)

never replaced. I will one day. I have all but one of my other cameras since boyhood - all the smashed kit from tank photography down the years. Nothing gets thrown away. Daft.

MB

Just realised that this thread has made me sad because if the only I regret ever selling was my bike then I must have had a really boring life.:cry:

All though I don't know you well. Looking at your face it tells me you had a pretty exiting live for most people, maybe you don't see it any more. Sorry for the bike

The old farm Landy. Early 50's model. Broken springs, shackles rusted through, gleaming aluminium - on account of all the paint wore off over the years. One day it was parked on a steepish section of hill. The driver got out... and it rolled side over side down to the creek. The ground was soft, the windscreen was bolted flat, and the few minor dents gained just added a bit of character. No other Landrover could replace it!

I still have one door and the original fuel tank.

thay rebuilt Spitfires with less than that and call it an original, think on young man.:-D