Bank holiday freetime - what are we all doing to our vehicles this weekend ?

Fugly

Hello All

Just for a bit of fun I thought I would start a thread to sample what we are all doing this (fine?) easter weekend, towards our military vehicle interest... I just want to reassure myself that I wont be the only person in the world getting grubby hands or catching a cold !!

To get the ball rolling - I will be standing at the bench, working on Ferret wiring. I am dangerously equipped with several rolls of wire , a soldering iron and a heatgun. I will be continuously interupted by my Jack Russel who will be trying to become intimate with any inanimate object. Hence I will have the radio on to keep my foot tapping , and my leg unmolested .........:cool2:

Trying to stay warm! I need to get the batteries out of the Champ and charged up in anticipation for DVLA getting my updated V5 back to me, in anticipation of doing the MOT, in anticipation of using it on the road again! Too chilly for any gardening!

Taking my Ford WOA2 and Jack Russel dog to a Classic Car Show at Woodley near Reading on Good Friday. Having a stall at a Car Boot sale on Sunday, to get rid of some of the mountain of junk we seem to have accumulated recently.

we were due to be away this weekend but that has been cancelled so we will probably head up to Fort Nelson on Sunday for their World at War event ( http://www.armouries.org.uk/events/events-at-fort-nelson/calendar/2010-04-04/world-at-war )

I guess the cubed one will be making the most of the weekend and do more work on the truck seeing as we are due in Guernsey at the beginning of May! :shocked:

Me and the cubelets are now on Easter hols for 2 weeks, bring it on!!!!!

Hopefully will get to do a bit on the Land Rover although the wife has a long list of other things to do. Need to make up for the last few weekends fixing all the bodges and other little problems to get it through the MOT.

You know the usual garden (weather permiting). designing new patio/steps if wet.

Some idiot South African from work is having a Braai (BBQ) on saturday so gotter go to that.

May just get to the LR by Moday PM. Have aquired battery box for between seats that could do with clean up and paint before I work out how to refit the batteries into it.

Mike

I own one of the top military vehicles forums in the world, publish the UK's up and coming military history magazine and trying to put together a very complex tank event - the first of its kind the UK and what vehicle do I own????????????

A BLOODY HONDA CIVIC - AUTOMATIC.........suppose I could hoover it out!!!

Off to We(s)t Wales early in the morning. Visiting the Museum Of Speed at Pendine. But got to be back for work on Monday - perils of working in the retail trade (Bank Holidays are merely another profit making opportunity for big chain stores!). Bummer as I wanted to visit the History On Wheels place at Eton for the first time.

Got to fix the leak on the fuel filter on the Champ. New garage door & frame needs to be stained and fitted. Old air vent in the lounge to be bricked up for the plaster on tuesday,Hardboard on the floor to be lifted and floor to be de nailed for the electrician on Wednesday.

Try and finish an engine change on an MG F I've got involved with :embarrassed:

Could leave it all and just go to the pub :cool2:

I own one of the top military vehicles forums in the world, publish the UK's up and coming military history magazine and trying to put together a very complex tank event - the first of its kind the UK and what vehicle do I own????????????

A BLOODY HONDA CIVIC - AUTOMATIC.........suppose I could hoover it out!!!

You never have had a good eye for a vehicle, don't suppose its green ? :nut: :nut:

Off for a week now, and hard at the truck, no time to spare....on the ferry beginning of May.

How do I spray my truck when its outside and its ****** raining all the time, ran out of mig gas last night Thurs 1st all places now shut Aggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The whole world is against me Aggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Had enough going to have a beer.... :nut:

Off for a week now, and hard at the truck, no time to spare....on the ferry beginning of May.

How do I spray my truck when its outside and its ****** raining all the time, ran out of mig gas last night Thurs 1st all places now shut Aggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The whole world is against me Aggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Had enough going to have a beer.... :nut:

calm down dear! Lunch is ready on the table now so come and have something to eat :kiss:

Draining the transfer box in the ferret, stripping off one end and mending the ghasket, put all back together again, attach uj's and fill back up with oil, just like I was going to do last weekend, and the weekend before, and in january and last summer too. and infact something will stop play this weekend too.

Still, its the thought that counts apparently

Paul

Due to jet lag (note time of posting :-) ) I spent the later part of today making a pair of front wings for a mini jeep.... when 23:00 hrs came along so did Mrs rog to suggest that the neighbours might not appreciate any further grinding. :blush:

Tomorrow I hope to finish welding and get the parts trial mounted.... though Mrs rog did say at one point "what did you think you were going to do tomorrow"? That is never good. :-(

Regards rog8811

Well, Good Friday kind of went down the tube as a day off owing to minor derailments earlier in the week meant work taskings didnt get finished, so I had to finish those off before the arrival of those who this property is for.

Today is planned as the day Andrew my best mate and I take a very ugly non original turret off the other Canadian Ferret I just brought back to Canada. We were supposed to have a chums quality time day. Last night Mark, a good friend called saying he had once again thrown a track on his John Deere crawler loader and despite best attempts had not managed to get it un jammed from between the drive sprocket and the casing so it sounds like this afternoon we are going to drive over (hour drive) and lend a hand and do some track bashing.

Sunday is planned as a "her and me" quality time day.

Back to work on monday

R

No Easter here :embarrassed:

but did squeze in a Good Friday Spin. Scared the hell out of a guy doing my usual track and then he wanted some more so what about that hill.

Said hill was between 70 and 80 degree slope and 10m high........ Tried a few times and could get the wheels to just before the ridge, but no go. Later when it dries out a bit. The steepness can been seen by the garden I collected on my front winch and rear Nato hook

[ATTACH]25266[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]25265[/ATTACH]