Military Fire Appliances Gallery

AndyFowler

Hi All

Anyone know of any Nubian Major 6x6 MK9's for sale? A friend of mine would love to buy one as his Dad used to operate one here at Jersey Airport. Or anyone have information of the one originally from here? It apparently left Jersey in the 80's, but noone knows where it ended up.

Regards

Daren

Hi All

Anyone know of any Nubian Major 6x6 MK9's for sale? A friend of mine would love to buy one as his Dad used to operate one here at Jersey Airport. Or anyone have information of the one originally from here? It apparently left Jersey in the 80's, but noone knows where it ended up.

Regards

Daren

Hey Darren, you didn't say you were on the ROCK! Just got back from srvicing the WC54, see other post for nightmare! I've also seen the long bonneted Bedford Airport Ambulance a few times running around South London, still in full colours, she looks well. I know the Nubian you menat, they also had the Unimog and the Range Rover's.

the unimog I'm trying to make room for it , I plan on saving it its not to bad but kids have got to the windows , it was lucky because of being semi coverd , there is also a rolling chassis , its open top cab was left outside and was scraped a while back :cry: think that was a 2.2 . the one above is the larger engine 2.6 or 2.8 here's a pic of chassis

010320091758.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I would say it is based on a RL, the instruments are same and it looks to have the High / Low FWD lever behind the gear lever. The engine looks ot be a Bedford 330 diesel, going by the rocker cover and exhaust manifold, other than that, a bit of a mystery.

:idea::idea::idea:

Just come to me....the chassis is not Bedford, by the back view, I will take a bet that this is Airportable Missile Handling truck, built on a Thornycroft Nubian chassis using RL running gear. circa 1965.

Absolutely not forward Control, engine too far back, wrong engine, front seats too wide. middle seat is a squeeze and almost touches driver seat, All forward control models 2A/2B used something akin to standard bulkhead, wrong steering wheel, gear levers in wrong place, and in wrong relationship to each other....