Landrover Gallery.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there going to be, (or already) an article on how this vehicle was converted/built ??

Great to read it, if so........:)

Andy

I can tell you the story of how we did it and show the pics if you are interested.

Hi Ivor,

Think quite a few of us would be interested in hearing about this build. :-D

Many Thanks,

Andy

Pics and build details of amphib net week, away at the moment. Ivor

Cat do you want latest in servise Landys or just the old timers? I have a fair few taken from Salisbury Plain over the years.

Tony

Plain Military

I dont think it matters much,i am sure they are of interest Tony,When you get time ,cheers.:-D

i can i just make a shout out because i am looking for pics of land rovers in service in northern ireland any pics would be great as i have the history for my landy and its interesting to say the least specially the last part from 1994 to 1997 :D i will leave it there because i am 100% myself yet

Just a question:

Is this an ex-MOD vehicle or a civilian one?

It has a few particulars that don't look right to me.

Andrea

Wot you worried about Andrea? front bumper a bit late,lenses late ones.if it was 24volt it would have a toast rack grill to protect the rectifier,Mirrors are late but preferable to the early on the wing ones.Valiant effort looks ok.lot less wrong with it than the ,No its not a hotchkiss mate.

kemble2.jpg

Later car,but both have there own charm.

Indeed the bumper and the lack of hitch holes on it look strange, as the lights that are definitely civy.

If you add the deluxe bonnet, the hole in the grille, the Series III door hinges and the mudflaps...

I do not want to be picky on that particular car, just to see if my rivet counting skills are improving 8-)

Andrea

Indeed the bumper and the lack of hitch holes on it look strange, as the lights that are definitely civy.

If you add the deluxe bonnet, the hole in the grille, the Series III door hinges and the mudflaps...

I do not want to be picky on that particular car, just to see if my rivet counting skills are improving 8-)

Andrea

Your doing pritty good mate,the lenses are military but later.Try your hand at this one,theres a few things not quite right,i dont think the thatch is correct for that year.

Chris_vd_Merwe_Zim_Series.jpg

Now this is the real world,Real people,they manage to keep smiling,and repair things how green is that.

Edited by catweazle (Banned Member)

Your doing pritty good mate,the lenses are military but later.Try your hand at this one,theres a few things not quite right,i dont think the thatch is correct for that year.

I wasn'rt talking of the "mushroom" side and indicators*, rather the main lights, those with the chrome surround.

Andrea

* on my 1963 Series II I use for everyday touring the mushroom type ones and keep the glass ones for shows.

andrea

For those of you interested in the Landy amphib we built, this is a few weekends work into the project. Bottom of load bed cut out,rear cross member cut and bridge put in to go over the dowty pump out of a stolly that we used to power it in water. The frame for the pump can be seen at the bottom.

DCP_2129.jpg

Edited by ivor

Lra5.jpg

Lra6.jpg

Diff cover all welded up and robin reliant gearbox fitted. The gearbox is driven off the PTO so we can alter the speed of the dowty but keep the engine running at best performance for cooling etc. Sheets welded to underside of landy can also be seen.

Edited by ivor

Chris_vd_Merwe_Zim_Series.jpg

Now this is the real world,Real people,they manage to keep smiling,and repair things how green is that.

The seasonal roof looks fine to me note how the thatch matches the ground cover as a specific specie, pity they have not fitted the matching doors to help with the concealment factor.

Ashley

The seasonal roof looks fine to me note how the thatch matches the ground cover as a specific specie, pity they have not fitted the matching doors to help with the concealment factor.

Ashley

Doesn't that thatch remind you of a certain SOMEONES hairstyle........:cool2: