Landrover Gallery.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

I have been doing it since 1974,

know anything about this i cant read the txt.

Catweazle,

1974............same year that I started working on them, could not count how many 2.25 engines I have built, plus gearboxes. Much prefered the S2a than the S3 with the awful padded dashboard.

That photo I have seen before recently, the L/R is being used by the US Corp of Engineers if I remember. Their insignia is on the front wing. Think it might be in Korea and vehicle is on loan from either Brit or Aussie army.

Richard

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats interesting Korea didnt even know the yanks were there,what a thicko.

I think the very last of the IIa were the nicest built,nice and easy to convert left to right .

here are my two landies

1979 109 GS 10GX40 36 SIGS

1980 109 FFR 66HG56 14 SIGS ( before we did any work)

Does anyone else think,that the vehicles above are becoming rarer on the show scene?.I cant think of the last time i saw a genuine standard G.S at a show?.Nice LR,s b.t.w

Does anyone else think,that the vehicles above are becoming rarer on the show scene?.I cant think of the last time i saw a genuine standard G.S at a show?.Nice LR,s b.t.w

I think they are nice origanal examples,but thats good we dont want the jeep saga where people just say oh its another jeep.Theres a lot of people got an old banger just to get into shows for free.No names.:-D

Duxford2004.jpg

Duxford 2004,what a nice restoration,most of these i havnt seen again,what happens to them?

DUXFORD 2002. whats happened to all our landie people then,you soon got fed up .

11BC51-1.jpg

Havnt seen this one again .

A couple of 'Macrelon LandRovers'...at least I think thats what we used to call them... long time ago now. Belfast 1990.

20HG95 + 17GX71

Interestingly (well, that depends I guess!), my Ser III Piglet has the registration 00 GX 39 I think, if memory serves.

Cheers

48RN30-1.jpg

seen at Chatham 2003.rare example of RN.Late 11a probably the nicest model made before the plastic dash and pre rusted chassis was introduced.:-D

Nice one,what theatre is that camo on yours and the 2a,:thumbsup:

yeah its cyprus or BATUS but it was used in the gulf in 91 on some vehicles, that included a 101 and a few of the last series 3's in the army