Landrover Gallery.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1968 Series IIA 109 I wish I'd never sold, my 101 and a 1984 factory registered 110 military demonstrator I sold a couple of years ago.

S11a late ones i think were the best they made.havnt seen a q plate for a while,i used to do the registering at wimbledon the rows i had about q plates we did our best not to get one.you can make a very nice stamp out of a potatoe you know.:-D:-D:-D

Yes, it was a lovely motor, sold 20 years ago. Was ex TA, very straight and 18000 on the clock, had to sell it as I was broke at the time, always regretted it. Had a Q plate lightweight a couple of years earlier, didn't matter too much at the time.

The 110 was a bit different, looks civvy but military chassis no, 12/24V and Clansnan kit, NATO hitch and wiring two years before the MOD bought any. Sold by LR to BAe who used it as Rapier development vehicle and then a yard tug for a couple of sites. Fitted with a rare short bellhousing R380 gearbox at some point. Very straight and rot free but the Naturally Asthmatic diesel was a pain on long runs. Sold it back to it's previous owner at a profit, now in Bulgaria at his summer home!

• 2 weeks later...

Who are these bigger boys shall i put a spell on them,glad they did tho looks good,cheers.

any chance of a front end shot of the middle ffr as it seems different

cheers

As asked for

DSCF3436.jpg

If your wondering it's afront end of an APV (Armoured Patrol Vehicle) Land rover of the type that took over from the Piglet and of which as far as i know none exsist anymore. Hence i'm doing a replica. Made a start on some of the panels but the front end is on the landy as it saves storing the bits.

fb_1.jpg