Landrover Gallery.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

hills67darjeeling.jpg

hills70darjeeling.jpg

Pictures taken in the hills ,Darjeeling.I wonder what Deep Shilipi is ,and how do you get out of it if you fall in it.

Deep Shillipi?

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Jade was in this stuff on Big Brother a while ago (so the papers said, I couldn't possibly watch such drivel)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

went to see the landrover sunday, 68 HG 57, seller was going to Morocco next January, but because of the ban on taking ex mil vehicles into there, he had to sell. Its got 12 months mot, he will tax it for 6 months from 1 oct because I will fetch it on 5th october.:yay::yay::yay:

the previous owner fitted a civvy rear cross member, I can live with that, also a brand new civvy front bumper, question, can I just put the military bumperettes on the front bumper? or do I need a genuine military bumper?

there are a couple of holes in panels, n/s headlight surround, and the o/s sill, both replaceable.

fitted with a 2.5 n/a diesel

need a couple of wing boxes for ariels, but got a lead on them,.

will post pics as and when I get them.

its got a set of michelin xcl tyres, set at 25 psi, is this correct?

Mark :cool:

PS still awaiting flag info, ie who make cheque out to and where to send it!!! :shocked:

Here she is in all her current glory!!! :yay::yay::yay::dancinggirls:

Hi Mark i see you have XCL tyres are the walls all bumpy.cw

Hi Mark i see you have XCL tyres are the walls all bumpy.cw

Hi cw, dont know yet, I havnt picked her up yet!!!!, I do know however, the tyre pressure is 25psi, the seller told me that is what he was told to put in, is this correct? He said for normal road use, 32psi would be better

Mark

Mark i think 25/28 would be normal especially for the fronts,the rears could be as much as 38 depending on the load.I have seen lots of XCLs with this wavy sidewall phenominon that isnt there when new,i have asked if anyone knows about this but no replys.My fitter didnt like driving the carrawagon on these tyres and gave me all sorts of reasons why i should change them.I have them on the champ and the tread is very low,not so noisy.they have wavy sidewalls,i regulary drive at 70 mph and so far no probs.I think you should have a good look at them and satisfy yourself they are ok.i find them very good off rd.cw

All the walls on them XCL,s are bumpy.The bigger the tyre the bigger the lumps.Have a look at some of the wrecker Fodens fitted with them.

That doesnt make it right,there not like it new.bought the 101 engine yet?What outfit you wearing Sunday at Chatham:cool2:

Ive spent the month paying bills.Still owe you,so the 101 engine will have to be put on the back burner.Is there a guide price???.Not dressing up.Just going to see you make a spectacle of yourself.

I dont know about the price,i value it at £800,sell the 24v kit and the carbs makes it a cheap engine,but knowing them it will be some stupid high price and some numpty will pay it.Public money paid for all this stuff it should go to public auction not all this secret squirell stuff open to abuse.:argh:

• 4 weeks later...
The pictures look good Mark

are you going to put a full hood on and get rid of truck cab ?

or leave it as it is?

and what state was it in when you got it?

Ian

Ian,

will put a full ffr tilt on it, need a tilt and the bits that go over the cab, and what you see is how I got it :-D, apart from the wing boxes (they are larkspur, not clansman and will be replaced as and when) Got all winter to source parts etc.

Will leave the truck cab on over winter