Landrover Gallery.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

RRs had two unregistered in camo at battersea.We laughed and said who in there right mind would buy these.He also had two S1s.If only.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, Barrie has never owned 10FG57, he had 10FG69, 10FG97 which were both pink, and he has a green and black one, though I cant remember that ones reg.....

Alan bought 10FG57 in the late 90's direct off of Steve.

Thats odd, the photo in my post #360, I was certain was of Steve's Pinkie, but just noticed it has 10FG97 plate on it. I remember the occasion and can only recollect that one and Roger Jones's in the arena at the time :confused::confused::confused:.

In those days, I think it was the only one with the Arabic lettering on the bumper as well.....mysterious.

Thats odd, the photo in my post #360, I was certain was of Steve's Pinkie, but just noticed it has 10FG97 plate on it. I remember the occasion and can only recollect that one and Roger Jones's in the arena at the time :confused::confused::confused:.

In those days, I think it was the only one with the Arabic lettering on the bumper as well.....mysterious.

Steve,s Pinkie had a slightly lighter shade of pink than most of the others.The one in the Pocock collection had an identical shade.Thats why i assumed it was his one.

Just for a change, a green Pinkie :) This was one that Phil Bashall restored to how it left the factory. The 2a L/wt on the left was Chassis No.1
The recce Rover to the right of the pinkie in the pic was a regular on the scene 20years ago.I wonder where it is now.I'm sure it was an ex John Burford vehicle?.

The recce Rover to the right of the pinkie in the pic was a regular on the scene 20years ago.I wonder where it is now.I'm sure it was an ex John Burford vehicle?.

You are right, Mark, do you recollect a young chap from the Solent Area with one of those? Don't see him about now though and forgotten his name. :confused:

You are right, Mark, do you recollect a young chap from the Solent Area with one of those? Don't see him about now though and forgotten his name. :confused:

It does ring a bell.Its funny how,when some owners disappear,the vehicles seem to as well.Never to be seen again on the show scene.

• 5 weeks later...
This is is prototype 110 bomb disposal vehicle, I owned a while back, the whole truck inc crane and cameras was remote controlled (wire).

Did you ever set it all up & run it in full operational mode? I would be very interested to get a run down on how it all functioned.

I remember seeing a picture of 3 of these, I think, some years ago when they were in service. But at that time they were all shrouded up & what lay underneath was a source of great speculation.

I saw it at W&P 2007 & took a number of shots, much to the amusement of onlookers I totally missed a group of Roadsure girls who were circulating nearby.

I drove it down to W&P 2006 and I sure do remember the Roadsure girls!!!

I never did get the remote working, I had to sell it to finance My Bedford TM 4-4 ( now sadly on eBay as we speak) but all of the stuff was there.

There was a lot of complex systems shoehorned into ever nook and cranny of that 110, A massive forklift type electric motor slung underneath and to tell the truth I didn't want to mess with it and I couldn't find anyone at the time who would at reasonable money. As soon as I sold it, I met Grumpy who would of had it up and running in no time, but hey that's life.

There is a Ford P38 pick-up on Boys web site that is the earlier prototype to this.

Top Marks but what was it doing in Russia i wonder.6 cyl diesel same as the rover lump just two more pots,only the second one i have ever seen.:-D

Top Marks but what was it doing in Russia i wonder.6 cyl diesel same as the rover lump just two more pots,only the second one i have ever seen.:-D

Santana built the six cyl engine by basically stretching the 2.25 engine, Land Rover were not interested apparantly, pity because it could have been successful.

Well what do you know,one ugly landrover caused all this activity,cheers folks.Love that picture of you Clive.The only diesel project i remember was the iceberg project,think thats what it was called.The Rover V8 diesel,i think recardo built it.