I went to look at this diamond T with a view to buying it. It was a real heartbreaker, heavy rust everywhere, as it had been used as a snowplough and the salt had rotted it badly. I'm glad I walked away!

This was sat in a shed on a farm Dad used to do agronomy for, the guy had a martian in similar condition and a K9 which had all but disappeared. Dad put a couple of ads in a magazine a few years back as they were in danger of being cut up.

Hopefully it will find its way into preservation one day after all this time waiting!!

Andy - It is nice to see my old 'T' is still on the circuit and looking good. The first picture is of OJC in 1975 when it arrived at Sullivan's yard in Portsmouth still with the auction number on it. The second picture is the day in 1978 when I drove it home to Gravesend to start the restoration.

All the best.Tony Graves

OJC at Sullivan's Yard.jpg

OJC 1988 Heading Home.jpg

Tony, Thanks very much for posting the photos for me. Dennis Robberts did tell me you were the previous owner. I was also told you saw the Diamond at S.E.Davis's show but i didn't meet you. Thanks again Andy Purshall

Edited by Andy

• 3 weeks later...

What a restoration project!! I owned this Diamond T some 14 years ago. I sold it to a chap near Crawley. It remained parked in the same place, under a tree, without any cover over it until it was rescued by a man from South Godstone 18 months ago. Thankfully it is now being saved. The cab, bonnet and wings have completely rotted, the wings being as thin as paper.

All the best, Tony G.

White DT 001.jpg

White DT 002.jpg

White DT 003.jpg

Hi Tony,

This look like the one in an old picture I have. Laid up and fitted with a morris cab. Is it the same one? Don't know the date of the photograph but it looks fairly old. Very sad to see a vehicle like this needlessly rot away but thank goodness it's been rescued in time.

Cheers,

A

Hi Adrian

This was the DT with the Morris Commercial cab, a Vass conversion from a Diamond open cab. It was such a shame to see it like this. I drove it to several shows and everything worked. It ran like a dream although it wanted doing. Now all the transmissions are seized solid and all the wiring has rotted out. The poor chap who has it now really has a job on his hands.

All the best. Tony

2008_0515Image0045.jpg

2008_0515Image0054.jpg

2008_0515Image0059.jpg

Dear Les

Nice photo of Morris Commercial cabbed diamond. Did you notice that the negative has been printed back to front? I don't know if you remember Daws of Dartford, their yard was tucked away behind a large crane hire company,Bronze Sheild, but they had a Diamond T the same as your photo with a Hercules in it. It ended up in a yard just off the M20 owned by Addington Recovery and was cut up after the engine seized. The crane went to Telstar Recovery. I also bought Addington Motors Diamond T off them.

All the best, Tony G.

Tony, thought you would like these this is the last time i laid eyes on Kens DT its been recabbed here any ideas what he used. The second two show the Addington Motors DT hard at work winching out a bogged Poclain you can just see the jib in the backgound, i was informed it had sunk into about 6ft of slimey mud and it took the combined efforts of the DT and a second Poclain to rescue it

cheers

Les

hmvf1.jpg

hmvf2.jpg

hmvf3.jpg

hmvf4.jpg