• 3 weeks later...

Nice pictures, thanks for posting.

The second picture from the top was taken at Regal Garage, Upton upon Severn some years ago. I saw it one day before it was removed after being sold and looked very rough indeed! Also in the yard was an open cabbed 981. This was sold to the same chap who bought the T pictured.

Is the Red Bull Garage T still parked in that chaps front garden?

Cheers,

A

I like the one in the last picture.......... looks pretty good with a Ford 'D' Series cab. It amazes me the number of different cabs we've seen grafted on to these vehicles. Can't say as I've seen any other makes with so many different makers cabs fitted to them. Probably give the rivet counters a nervous breakdown.... :cool2: :-D

Yes as far as I know. We haven't actually been to look at it yet but know where it is. Anybody any idea how long it's sat there now?

It was advertised three years ago in Vintage Commercial Vehicle and ebay. It appears to have been standing there for quite some time (pictures on page 10 show flat tyres) so probably looking at the best part of 10 years. He was asking a silly price (£7k if I recall) especially as it was a non-runner. I think the reason for the high price was that it 'owed' him that in storage. One or two offers were made on ebay but obviously not accepted.

I hope someone secures it soon as the cab was starting to go back then. But then again if he won't part with it for a sensible price then it does not look good.

Cheers,

A

I like the one in the last picture.......... looks pretty good with a Ford 'D' Series cab. It amazes me the number of different cabs we've seen grafted on to these vehicles. Can't say as I've seen any other makes with so many different makers cabs fitted to them. Probably give the rivet counters a nervous breakdown.... :cool2: :-D

Agreed, the Taylors T is very smart! Check out Biglorryblog as I think there was recently an article on the restoration.

I think the D series cab is one of the nicer cab options. Some operators knocked up their own which were functional but ugly. However, better to see them with alternative cabs and on the road than rotting at the back of a yard.

I bet more cab types have been fitted to the Matador, Including a Ford D type on the one at Benson...

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I have been reading this thread for ages now and thought I ought to post.

First time, so don't shout if I get it wrong.

Not got a T, but it has always been my dream, all started when as a lad I used to look at my Dads photos of Egypt he used to drive 981's soft and hard cab Mack NM6's or may be 8's there does not seem to be a big difference.

I've put a couple of pic's on an album and that worked although the labels did not. Must try harder. Les did put a couple of pic's in his book page 75 (bottom two). Thank's and well done keeping them all going

David.

Hello all, I have been reading this thread for ages now and thought I ought to post.

First time, so don't shout if I get it wrong.

Not got a T, but it has always been my dream, all started when as a lad I used to look at my Dads photos of Egypt he used to drive 981's soft and hard cab Mack NM6's or may be 8's there does not seem to be a big difference.

I've put a couple of pic's on an album and that worked although the labels did not. Must try harder. Les did put a couple of pic's in his book page 75 (bottom two). Thank's and well done keeping them all going

David.

Welcome David, always good to find another enthusiast!

dear mike, i wonder what engine is inside, normally the front bumper tow hook conversion was coupled with the rolls c6 engine, also of note is the diamond was used as a wrecker is the bent rear winch roller, this happened when winching with a snatch block over the back of the crane , hope of interest, tony graves.

scammells005.jpg

I wasn't paying a great deal of atttention to the engine. I seem to remember it had the British Army paying on gear fitted to the winch, (Well you can see that in the rearview shot) and some evidence of a lightish blue paint in places. Bonnet side on nearside is noticably bashed around...

The ex cadzow t has a leyland 680 power plus lump coupled to a leyland 5 speed box linked to the original 3 speed transfer case.Other owners have been Motherwell Bridge recovery ,R G Hamilton, Massey bros of Longcliffe Derbys and John Byard a gentleman who had always wanted to own a t.I had the pleasure of towing the t behind my mack nm8 from longcliffe to a farm near the tramway museum at Crich, 38 miles 42 gallons but the mack was in low range most of the way.But huge fun.A few months after John realised that the preservation of such a large vehicle was beyond his capabilities and presented it to me v5 and all.I will post relevant photos later if anyone would like to see them.

The ex cadzow t has a leyland 680 power plus lump coupled to a leyland 5 speed box linked to the original 3 speed transfer case.Other owners have been Motherwell Bridge recovery ,R G Hamilton, Massey bros of Longcliffe Derbys and John Byard a gentleman who had always wanted to own a t.I had the pleasure of towing the t behind my mack nm8 from longcliffe to a farm near the tramway museum at Crich, 38 miles 42 gallons but the mack was in low range most of the way.But huge fun.A few months after John realised that the preservation of such a large vehicle was beyond his capabilities and presented it to me v5 and all.I will post relevant photos later if anyone would like to see them.

Yes please mate !:-D