Tanks-Alot has bank accounts closed.

MatchFuzee

poor Nick,

claims he is not profiteering, but is selling the Ukrainians spartans at £85000 each, and has made £8000000 (that's right, £8 million) in twelve months.....oh, and don't forget the 5 bars of gold at say, £662,000 per bar =£11,310,000

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, terryb said:

poor Nick,

claims he is not profiteering, but is selling the Ukrainians spartans at £85000 each, and has made £8000000 (that's right, £8 million) in twelve months.....oh, and don't forget the 5 bars of gold at say, £662,000 per bar =£11,310,000

Do we actually know that, or is it just speculation?  (I'll ignore the phantom gold bars!)

1 hour ago, terryb said:

that's what it says in the first post's news article

Please don't take this the wrong way, years ago I went to watch a musical set about Georgian times, one song had the chorus "it must be true, I read it in the papers didn't you".

As a former Investigator for professional body I always look for additional evidence 

Dear All,

For those that have read the article in the Scottish Sun, now watch and hear what I actually said here:

https://www.parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/e3ad1d9e-e9a5-4958-84e7-599e5e0f27ab  I start at 16.39 with some strategic stuff and then talk about "Peter" at about 16.42 hrs.  I called him "Peter" because I did not want to be held responsible if something untoward happened.

I can assure you all that Barclays Bank is not the problem and they have been very helpful to me. They have no alternative course of action.

The real problem is that the Treasury think that the complete integrity of the Money Laundering Regulations is more important than exporting AFVs to Ukraine.

John

• Like 4

Bank account or not 'Peter' has placed an advert on Milweb today, 20/02/23:

We need large numbers of military vehicles to complete orders for Ukraine.
cvrt’s all variants. Especially Spartan Samaritan sultan.
430 series all variants, especially Abbott, 432, 434.
Combat engineer tractors.
Chieftains.
Ferrets all marks
Saracens all marks
Snatch landrovers
Pinzgauer vectors

25 minutes ago, robin33ba07 said:

You  would have to ask Ferrets and Saracens really ? 

And of course Chieftains or Abbots.  I somehow don't think these are seriously destined for Ukraine so why say so ?

I do wish Nick success and the situation is ridiculous but the wanted list is a bit odd.

I heard this story too, and as I am in the trade for Banking regulation I can say that the various regulations were set up to stop people supplying the likes of ISIS and other waring factions before them. I think this is a situation in need of a petition to parliament via Change.org. Anyone?

Its akin to him selling stuff to the Russians! He is supporting our allies and hasn't actually done anything illegal or morally wrong!

Edited by LarryH57

Oh yes, I see this every time. Getting a reputation on file for all to see as a arms dealer, for ever more 'till the end of the century' is disastrous for this guy in getting any financial product, however innocuous, like insuring his vehicles, home and contents, his business, or his stereo, or his life!

Its a disgrace, so I will have to write to my MP etc etc and get a petition together.

Edited by LarryH57
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Dear All,

Dear All, no it does not mean that Nick's bank accounts are 'freed'. UK High Street banks still cannot take the regulatory risk of dealing with Ukrainian businessmen.  The financial returns are too small and yet the Financial Conduct Authority will fine them hundreds of thousands of pounds for any infringement of the Money Laundering Regulations.

Government Ministers have said, on the Record, at the Despatch Box, that the complete integrity of the money laundering regulations is more important than allowing the export of AFVs to Ukraine.  Treasury ministers do not seem to understand that there is a war on, albeit not directly involving us.

Every AFV that Nicks sends out to Ukraine will provide protected mobility to another group of Ukrainian soldiers and avoid them being killed needlessly when compared to a soft skinned vehicle. 

If you do meet any elected politicians of any colour do raise the issue with them.  Ask them "Are you aware that the Money Laundering Regulations are preventing the export of Armoured Fighting Vehicles to Ukraine and what are you going to to do about it?.

John

• Like 2