Hilter did escape to Argentina

monty2

This has only just surfaced on the internet :-

http://blog.findmypast.co.uk/2014/adolf-hitlers-liverpudlian-half-brother-in-the-1911-census/

From WIKI :-

In 1939, she joined her son on a tour of the United States where he was invited to lecture on his infamous uncle. They decided to stay and Bridget wrote a manuscript, My Brother-in-Law Adolf, in which she claimed that her famous brother-in-law had moved to Liverpool to live with Bridget and Alois from November 1912 to April 1913 in order to dodge conscription in his native Austria. She claims that she introduced Adolf to astrology, and that she advised him to trim off the edges of his moustache.

She was unable to sell the manuscript and most historians dismiss the work as being a fabrication written in an attempt to cash in on her famous relation. Brigitte Hamann and Hans Mommsen say that records prove that Hitler was in Vienna during this period.[4]

There is no corroborating evidence Hitler ever visited his relatives in Liverpool. Professor Robert Waite refutes her claims that Adolf Hitler had stayed with her as well as most of the rest of her book in the appendix to his book The Psychopathic God: Adolf Hitler. According to David Gardiner, Bridget's daughter-in-law has said Bridget admitted to her that the book was fanciful.[citation needed] The story of Adolf Hitler's visit to Liverpool has remained popular, however, and was the subject of Beryl Bainbridge's 1978 novel Young Adolf and Grant Morrison and Steve Yeowell's notorious 1989 comic The New Adventures of Hitler.

Post-war.

----------------

However , Adolf Hitler did receive a delayed (in trust) inheritance of substantial Austrian crowns (kronen) at just the right time. Who knows , there was a good and efficient boat-train service from Germany to England at the time.

Edited by ruxy
spelin

This one frequently crops up, but it makes me laugh that very people actually read the document.

It basically says that an Argentinian living (i believe illegally) in Los Angeles wanted to trade a big secret in exchange for being allowed to stay in the USA. The big secret (for which he had no proof) was that Hitler was living in Argentina.

Perhaps it's the sceptic historian in me, but i'd need more corroborating evidence rather than just, some random bloke off the street told me so.

she advised him to trim off the edges of his moustache.

I learnt recently in one of those history channels that the moustache style was from shaving to fit the gas masks and many of the units he served ex soldiers used to retain the style as a badge of honor?

http://illuminatireview.com/fbi-declassifies-files-showing-hitler-die-germany/

FBI files tell it all

[ATTACH=CONFIG]88268[/ATTACH]

Casting an eye over the document, all that it amounts to is a statement that an FBI agent met a person who claimed to have helped Hitler to hide in Argentina; the claim could not be verified because the source disappeared.

Sorry, but that falls a long way short of proof that Hitler survived the war and that the US government knew that he was alive and well.

My personal opinion is that, if Hitler survived and gone in to hiding, Mossad would have found him.

This one frequently crops up, but it makes me laugh that very people actually read the document.

It basically says that an Argentinian living (i believe illegally) in Los Angeles wanted to trade a big secret in exchange for being allowed to stay in the USA. The big secret (for which he had no proof) was that Hitler was living in Argentina.

Perhaps it's the sceptic historian in me, but i'd need more corroborating evidence rather than just, some random bloke off the street told me so.

O, come of it, we all know Elvis is alive and working in a chip shop in Southend, it was only last week that i met a bloke and his wife who had seen him.:nut:

"There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis

Just like you swore to me that you'd be true

There's a guy works down the chip shop swears he's Elvis

But he's a liar and I'm not sure about you."

(Kirsty MacColl)

Andy

I learnt recently in one of those history channels that the moustache style was from shaving to fit the gas masks and many of the units he served ex soldiers used to retain the style as a badge of honor?

I doubt it, considering the gas masks are full face it makes no difference if your moustache is as wide as your nose or your mouth.

It was however a very popular style in the earl 20th Century, even in Britain, up until Hitler ruined it. Much like the Swastika the toothbrush moustache was linked too much with the Nazis so fell out of favour with the west. Charlie Chaplin, Oliver Hardy and even George Orwell all bore toothbrush 'tashes. In fact Hardy's 'tash predates the First World War thus proving once again that the history channels on TV are lying sods!:shocked:

I doubt it, considering the gas masks are full face it makes no difference if your moustache is as wide as your nose or your mouth.

It was however a very popular style in the earl 20th Century, even in Britain, up until Hitler ruined it. Much like the Swastika the toothbrush moustache was linked too much with the Nazis so fell out of favour with the west. Charlie Chaplin, Oliver Hardy and even George Orwell all bore toothbrush 'tashes. In fact Hardy's 'tash predates the First World War thus proving once again that the history channels on TV are lying sods!:shocked:

I think Charlie Chaplin actually shaved his full moustache to look like Hitler's in order to make fun of him..... At least that's what DB Cooper told me...:cool2:

Matt

... she advised him to trim off the edges of his moustache.

Nothing whatever to do then, with primitive gas masks of unknown efficacy leading both sides to instruct soldiers that if they had to wear a moustache, it must be trimmed so in order not to compromise the gas seal. Or it being a badge of honour among German soldiers from an army "unbeaten in the field", "betrayed by the Jews".

Glad that's cleared up.

Edited by AlienFTM
Damn. Beaten to it.

I think Charlie Chaplin actually shaved his full moustache to look like Hitler's in order to make fun of him..... At least that's what DB Cooper told me...:cool2:

Matt

Chaplin had a toothbrush 'tache in films during WW1, including Work (1915) and A Dog's Life (1918), basically his "Tramp" character which i believe made his first appearance in 1914. So while Hitler was possibly rocking the Toothbrush 'Tache at this time he certainly wasn't famous enough for people to wear one to make fun of him.

Funny you should mention Chaplin. The Great Dictator was his first 'Talkie' film which parodyied the Nazi Regime. Funny enough the Mc Carthy hearings used it to claim he was a Communist and get him banned from the US. In 1997 the US Film regisrtry announced the film was on Cultural or Historical intrest and would be preserved.

Chaplin had a toothbrush 'tache in films during WW1, including Work (1915) and A Dog's Life (1918), basically his "Tramp" character which i believe made his first appearance in 1914. So while Hitler was possibly rocking the Toothbrush 'Tache at this time he certainly wasn't famous enough for people to wear one to make fun of him.

I've seen pictures of Adolph taken during/shortly after the war with a full 'stache but threre's also photos from the same period that show the toothbrush style being worn so..... Maybe Hitler wore that style to make fun of Chaplin??!!

Matt

I've seen pictures of Adolph taken during/shortly after the war with a full 'stache but threre's also photos from the same period that show the toothbrush style being worn so..... Maybe Hitler wore that style to make fun of Chaplin??!!

Matt

Very intresting thought. Your'e name has been taken!!

:D