What to buy

paulob1

Okay just supposing one had £50,000 to spend on toys, what should one do...

this is my list...

Spartan, Sabre or Scimitar...10-12k

Samson.

maybe a T72 or T55, maybe an Abbott.

a Fug (in hand)

got my tatra 813, just got to get it from Scotland

thinking about a chieftain but they rarely come up for sale., and i never have the money when they do.

anyway serious ideas please...

think I would love to have a TM or an MK,

just what would one buy..

...top of my list without a shadow of a doubt would be a Sherman, any model but prefer a welded hull model...with wide tracks...and either a 75 or 76mm..and..and....and.. etc!..

........if there was any loot left (not out of 50 grand I don't guess there would be hahah!:cry:) it would have to be followed by a halftrack.......

A token german vehicle from WW2, lets say a Kubel or Zundapp, definately a half track, Daimler Dingo, Humber MK 2 armoured car.

Or instead a 1970s Peterbilt tractor unit and low loader trailer to haul the existing stuff around, hubba hubba

Now, where did I leave that lottery ticket

A token german vehicle from WW2, lets say a Kubel or Zundapp, definately a half track, Daimler Dingo, Humber MK 2 armoured car.

Or instead a 1970s Peterbilt tractor unit and low loader trailer to haul the existing stuff around, hubba hubba

Now, where did I leave that lottery ticket

Only £50.000. Thats about half a Ketttenkrad. :-D

Okay just supposing one had £50,000 to spend on toys, what should one do...

this is my list...

Spartan, Sabre or Scimitar...10-12k

Samson.

Where did you get your 10-12k estimate from? I think you could easily spend your £50k and not get 3 CVRTs... not nice ones anyway!

I think petrol CVR(T)s are over rated, I think the diesel Stormer is a much nicer wagon.

I think 50 k is a bit light, considering you need also to have provisioned for a primer mover like a DROPS ( if capable of moving it, cue antarmike on legalities please) or a tractor / trailer or as you call them and articulated lorry. Then you have to erect or kit out the proper building to keep it in plus spares inventory and shop tools.

R

Foden Drops are very pricey at the moment.

Striker would be nice

I already have a Leyland Daf DROPS, a foden 8 x4 beaver tail GS and a 14 ton drawbar trailer for hauling them about...could do with a low loader likely at some stage in the future but will need a more permanent storage location first.

Other things that interest are a KRAZ, and a BMP..maybe

Not sure I have much choice on my theoretical amount...

Ferret

CVRT

T72

Ural 4320 or a fifth wheel Kraz maybe..

A saladin would be lovely but prices are a bit high at the moment

A tank

they just seem to to be the top boy toy (like an Aston Martin in the car scene )

Naughty me, I was supposed to say:

A tank Pinzgauer

they just seem to to be the top boy toy (like an Aston Martin Porsche Cayenne in the car scene :D)

Ferret

CVRT

T72

Ural 4320 or a fifth wheel Kraz maybe..

A saladin would be lovely but prices are a bit high at the moment

Well from that list I'd vote for the T-72.. (Though if someone would restore the ZSU-23-4 from Duxford that would be nice too)

The one at W&P this year:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a345/FW200/T72edit.jpg

Well i have got the foden drops and a saladin but something tracked again i think, i did like the t55 i had(4 years) but it would not fit on the foden.

A small tank (not cvrt) Seridan?? i do like them, are there any for sale or in private hands? AMX13 EM petrol not so sure.. what else is there?

What ever happend to the abbott with the saladin turret on? That looked good.

I'd be happy with just a 1950's Commer Q4. :-)

A few years ago there were two turned up on ebay at the same time. Both minters, one having spent all its life in storage. The most expensive one went for £2,500.

I'd spend the rest on a small plot of land to park it on and a basic shed structure to keep the rain out, oh and fuel. :D