What to buy

paulob1

More CVRT's of course....

Robin - you are right the Stormer is nicer to drive by all accounts but they have no soooooul...

Oh, and a couple of DROPS for moving them - Scammell would do the job just as well but the Foden just looks so mean.

I'd be happy with just a 1950's Commer Q4. :-)

A few years ago there were two turned up on ebay at the same time. Both minters, one having spent all its life in storage. The most expensive one went for £2,500.

I'd spend the rest on a small plot of land to park it on and a basic shed structure to keep the rain out, oh and fuel. :D

A 1950s Commer Q4 fitted with the Ford cab was a very nice truck......... good choice.:goodidea:

A 1950s Commer Q4 fitted with the Ford cab was a very nice truck......... good choice.:goodidea:

A Commer Q4 with a Ford Cab? I didn't even know they existed.

I might have to google it. Though I do rather like the lok of the Commer Cab.

Maz 353 Scud launcher with Scud.

DUKW

Mk1 Militant

RL-W

Star with the folding out body

And - for the REALLY big bangs in the arena at W&P - a SO-203 Psion 205mm howitzer....

Think I'd need at least a "2" in front of the "5" in your budget figure though Paul..... :embarrassed:

SO-203.jpg

A Commer Q4 with a Ford Cab? I didn't even know they existed.

I might have to google it. Though I do rather like the lok of the Commer Cab.

Quite right........... the Ford was fitted with the Commer cab, sorry, its an age thing you know....... now, what was I doing before I started on this???????????

got an 813 kolos...not an antar though...

I've just turned green..!! My absolute dream vehicle to own. The most I can afford at the moment is to watch them on youtube :embarrassed: Is it easy to get UK registration for it, or are there problems with its size for our roads? Have you taken it properly off road yet?

I'd buy another Saracen, but a Mk 1, this time, as it's lighter than my Mk 5. I would get a B81 and fit that in it to see how much more responsive it would be. Then I'd buy a nice Stolly, a Mk 2, and fit it with a nice powerful modern diesel turbo engine, and get some engineering bod to make me up some sort of gizmo for either dis-engaging the drive on all wheels or some fancy extra diffs to eliminate the old wind-up problem, (and if it worked, I'd retro-fit the same system to the saracens) I'd get a troop of Ferrets, (including a Mk 1, altered so my dad can drive it with his one good leg....). I'd do my Class 1, and get a nice unit, with a decent low-loader, (which will have a nice living-van portion on it, to keep the Mrs happy at shows!)... and if i had any change left, I'd buy my mate John Martin's lovely FV432, and maybe a Centurion, too.:cool2:

Quite right........... the Ford was fitted with the Commer cab, sorry, its an age thing you know....... now, what was I doing before I started on this???????????

Ah, so that's why google didn't throw anything up! I'll have another look.