MVT Windscreen Calendar

Great War truck

The Windscreen is very good. The magazine gets the balance of articles just right and has some very knowledgable contributors.

I did find the rant about the book review, and following letter a bit amusing though. It is very easy to start a rant by e-mail, becuase you write what you think at the time and click send (or post) and it is gone. By letter it is less common as you generally reread the letter a few times before sending it and can "cool off" so to speak and tone it down. Not in this issue it seems.

Tim

The Windscreen is very good. The magazine gets the balance of articles just right and has some very knowledgable contributors.

I did find the rant about the book review, and following letter a bit amusing though. It is very easy to start a rant by e-mail, becuase you write what you think at the time and click send (or post) and it is gone. By letter it is less common as you generally reread the letter a few times before sending it and can "cool off" so to speak and tone it down. Not in this issue it seems.

Tim

I was a little surprised by the 'rant' letter. When I was Editor of Windscreen, those letters and comments were "lost in the post" - I considered this my job as Editor, I was Editing. Contructive criticism is the only kind that is useful.

But as the Ed's say- "If we refuse to publish we could be seen to censor selective letters that do not put a favourable light on the editorship or its contributors."

and "The editors can walk a very tight line between censorship and openness."

While I will always be an advocate for openness where discussion is concerned, I do think in that case it was more of a personal attack on Dennis Chorlton.

But as the Ed's say- "If we refuse to publish we could be seen to censor selective letters that do not put a favourable light on the editorship or its contributors."

and "The editors can walk a very tight line between censorship and openness."

While I will always be an advocate for openness where discussion is concerned, I do think in that case it was more of a personal attack on Dennis Chorlton.

I used to take the view 'would this item give the MVT a bad image' as the magazine was read by people outside the MVT, before taking a decision. Having said that, I only had to leave out a few bits from a few reports in over 7 years.

I have been a member of MVT for years and regard Windscreen as being beyond brilliant, however, being devil's advocate, whilst the calendar gives a pleasant 5 minutes looking at 12 pictures, once I have done that, I have no use for it, put it straight in the recycling and regard it as an expensive(?) waste of time and money producing it

My membership card, magazine and calendar arrived today and was there ready and waiting for when I got in from work.

I quite like the calendar (it will be hanging up by my PC) and have had a quick look through the magazine and there seems like there is plenty of interesting stuff inside once again.

got my calendar very happy then dropped it in the sink full of water :cry:

whilst the calendar gives a pleasant 5 minutes looking at 12 pictures, once I have done that, I have no use for it, put it straight in the recycling and regard it as an expensive(?) waste of time and money producing it

Every problem has a solution...