Reporting Live from the Hop Farm

Marmite!!

WOW what a day!!!!!!

Left home at 7.15am got to Beltring at 10am.

Met up with Markheliops, tootallmike, ChrisG (thanks for the cake :)) and grasshopper. Went on to find Jack but he was off on a jolly! But did find Bodge there (nice to meet you) went back to find Jack, not only was he there but so was Rambo.

We managed to see most of the vehicles on display and about a quater of the trade stands!!!! No arena diaplays at all too busy walking about. Watched in awe as the Spitfire and Messerschmidt flew over then later in the day watched the Lancaster fly about. All in all it was a grand day out.

And yes guys its true r-cubed really did stay at home and look after the cubelets so I could come and gawp at the vehicles! I am one lucky girl eh??? (Jacks face when I told him the cubed one was at home babysitting was worthy of a picture!!!!!)

We finally arrived back on Hayling Island at about 8pm exhausted but happy. And no poo in the car either!!!!!!!!

Yes, tis true I did stay at home with our two boys, played on our X box, Wii and Lego, all I got was cramp from sitting on the floor for a couple of hours !!!!!!!!!!

Hey what can I say well I am not sunburnt and my feet don't kill me and I don't have several hundred pictures to sort out on my camera !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The reasons well, have been for the past several years and even when you go for a week you knacker yourself out trying to see everything so gave it a miss this year.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back, having met up (as Rosie has) with Too Tall Mike, Grasshopper their respective halves, and all the others (but cannot remember forum monaker to real name combos...but you know who you are) and a HUGE thanks for the warm welcome and rides kindly offered, you realy made my visit.:saluting:

Great show again but as mentioned by others somewhat short of some of the larger tanks... no Chiefs, or Charlies.

(Makes note to find out where in Felixstowe Rosie is as it's not a million miles from me and whether she knows Simon Green?)

:shocked: Oh Tugger, sorry I missed you off the list of people I met yesterday, so very sorry chap. :iloveyou:

Well all,

returned from the show on Sat (what a nightmare M25 1/2 mile in 1 hour then 1 hour parked up due to accident ) HK Dave brought a sankey trailer and some radio equiptment (don't ask ) and had to drive back in his Hotchkiss (7 hour drive) then wanted to retry his radios out on my front lawn :nono: saw some great vehicles and met quite a few forum members (Rambo at approx 0745) in his sleeping attire, Chris G felt a little queasy at this moment.

Hope your tent peg is O.K. CW :sweat: PW and of course Clive, thanks for he ride in the truck Andy.

Me poor mate HK thinks he suffered a mild stroke ? as one side of his face dropped and he could hardly talk clearly today :??? told him to go to A&E ASAP i have seen similar symptoms for another type of illness but couldn't`t remember the name.

Will ring tomorrow to see how he is.

Heard early one morning at Beltring................................

Asly are u receiving me over........

I am receiving you David over......

David are you receiving me over........

Asly i am not receiving you ........... i will change channel over......

Reapted several times.........

Voice in the distance from CW, you two should be over and out............. or words to that effect

PS my name is not roger

Ashley

Edited by ashley

Well all,

returned from the show on Sat (what a nightmare M25 1/2 mile in 1 hour then 1 hour parked up due to accident ) HK Dave brought a sankey trailer and some radio equiptment (don't ask ) and had to drive back in his Hotchkiss (7 hour drive) then wanted to retry his radios out on my front lawn :nono: saw some great vehicles and met quite a few forum members (Rambo at approx 0745) in his sleeping attire, Chris G felt a little queasy at this moment.

Hope your tent peg is O.K. CW :sweat: PW and of course Clive, thanks for he ride in the truck Andy.

Me poor mate HK thinks he suffered a mild stroke ? as one side of his face dropped and he could hardly talk clearly today :??? told him to go to A&E ASAP i have seen similar symptoms for another type of illness but couldn't`t remember the name.

Voice in the distance from CW, you two should be over and out............. or words to that effect

PS my name is not roger

Ashley

Rule one: You do NOT, ROGER, someone over the radio.

Ashley........... the illness......... or affliction you are trying to think of is "Bells Palsey"

It isn't dangerous in any way, and will often disappear after a week or two. Sometimes it does need therapy if it is very bad. Apparently it is caused by the inflammation of the tunnel through which the facial nerves exit the scull. It isn't contagious either.

My youngest step daughter has had it twice, and the hospital said it can for some reason reappear in ten year cycles.

Hope that is all he's suffering from, and that he soon gets better. :)

Oh I dont know, depends where the radio's fitted:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Have you been at the Santogen again? :rofl::rofl:Mind you I swear some of the youngsters nowadays will give birth to kids with their heads crocked sideways to hold a mobile.

Visited on Saturday. Lucky with the weather!

A great day, so much to see, I will give it a miss next year though and go the Tankfest AND Armour & Embarcation.

To the people with armour.... wouldn't it be more intresting to navigate through some fields and a wood rather than drive around a little circuit? I was surprised not to see more Universal Carriers.....

I thought the T34's had well looked after V12s, we were at the exit to the arena throughout the main displays and you could hardly hear the thing as it pulled up in the que, the T54 and T72 were another matter, they sounded like they were about to throw in the towel at any time:-D

:shocked: Oh Tugger, sorry I missed you off the list of people I met yesterday, so very sorry chap. :iloveyou:

I think you missed someone else as well................

Would have liked to have met up with a few friends & collegues from the forum. BUT, i couldnt get away from my stall. Only saw Mark Burley at my venue. This time it was more bussiness than pleasure for me!. Hopefully we will meet up at Mayhem, Headcorn Etc. Best wishes to all.

Mike.

well I was trying to forget you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Charming!!! :-(

But I forgive you as you cooked tea for us!

Had a nice wander around on the Saturday, insane queueing on the way in!

Think I managed to chat to LoggyDriver but not sure? Missed Neil and the OT though, shame, I was going to have a clamber around :D

Didn't realise how many badly-behaved members of the younger generations were going to turn up and be obnoxious, cw might have a point...

Stone

Would have liked to have met up with a few friends & collegues from the forum. BUT, i couldnt get away from my stall. Only saw Mark Burley at my venue. This time it was more bussiness than pleasure for me!. Hopefully we will meet up at Mayhem, Headcorn Etc. Best wishes to all.

Mike.

Where abouts were you Mike?? I did about 95% of the stals either looking for Stalwart parts (nothing found..) or pricing up RPK's and trying to source the Czech equivalent of the AK-47 ( Vz58 and Vz58T - folding stock). No joy here either. Did get another intercom lead and crew helmet for the OT from Trapper Industries though!!

Had a nice wander around on the Saturday, insane queueing on the way in!

Think I managed to chat to LoggyDriver but not sure? Missed Neil and the OT though, shame, I was going to have a clamber around :D

Didn't realise how many badly-behaved members of the younger generations were going to turn up and be obnoxious, cw might have a point...

Stone

Never mind sir - there will be other shows - or, if you live within travelling distance of Braintree in Essex - I can arrange a private viewing !! :)

didnt see anybody either, apart from snapper, jack, bodge, and met a member with the humber box at cambridge services today!!! I was on the forces80 display with the flag flying from my rovers arial

Mark

Ashley........... the illness......... or affliction you are trying to think of is "Bells Palsey"

:)

Hi thats it,

spoke to HK Dave to night and he confirmed it was Bells Palsy :shake: and is now on a course of tablets, i know he was having trouble with his right eye through out the show but the medics said it was a eyelash stuck under his eyelid.

One of the lads at work had it and it was through a virus in the lower ear canal which caused the problem apparently.

I am sure the yellow goggled monster will soon be on the road again.

Ashley

Well all,

PS my name is not roger

Ashley

You're right :shake:

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

Thats good news mate ,we did notice it but because we didnt know dave we thought it was a past injury.Give him our best and tell him,nothing heard ,out.

I did turn up as a regular visitor on Friday with the kids, saw Lee was tied up with punters so did not disturb him, all I could see was Neil's @rse sticking out of the top of the OT so did not disturb him either.... thought I would go back over to Americas field towards the end of the day but it lashed down...the kids were soaking and wanted to go home, so that was that.

I think they are converted...just need to work on the missus now...maybe next year!

camara dump 014.jpg

WOW what a day!!!!!!

Left home at 7.15am got to Beltring at 10am.

Met up with Markheliops, tootallmike, ChrisG (thanks for the cake :)) and grasshopper. Went on to find Jack but he was off on a jolly! But did find Bodge there (nice to meet you) went back to find Jack, not only was he there but so was Rambo.

We managed to see most of the vehicles on display and about a quater of the trade stands!!!! No arena diaplays at all too busy walking about. Watched in awe as the Spitfire and Messerschmidt flew over then later in the day watched the Lancaster fly about. All in all it was a grand day out.

And yes guys its true r-cubed really did stay at home and look after the cubelets so I could come and gawp at the vehicles! I am one lucky girl eh??? (Jacks face when I told him the cubed one was at home babysitting was worthy of a picture!!!!!)

We finally arrived back on Hayling Island at about 8pm exhausted but happy. And no poo in the car either!!!!!!!!

As I was driving the Land Army Girls tractor (Standard Fordson N for the Wurzels here) I saw a woman walking in a Bolero T-Shirt.............I waved, but she recognised me and hid-up!

As I was driving the Land Army Girls tractor (Standard Fordson N for the Wurzels here) I saw a woman walking in a Bolero T-Shirt.............I waved, but she recognised me and hid-up!

With you dressed as a Land Army Girl I'm not surprised, :shake:by the way I see your brothers had more sense and come to see us in the Land of Song(and rain) :-D

Saw you pass a couple of times, great display made every one smile, I liked the straw in your hat!

Yes indeed - I was rail-roaded into driving the Fordson as no-one else was keen and once I got into the spirit of travelling at 1.5 mph, I quite enjoyed it!

DSC_0595_2.jpg

Some say I took-off the part of the farmer just a bit too well!

Edited by M5Clive