Reporting Live from the Hop Farm

Marmite!!

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw him today with Bodge and brother, hawking dodgy bits of canvas. Still sporting full mop of hair, I did wonder about that, maybe someone should give him a poke and tell him to get into a barbers. Saw Niel stalling his BMP(?) and Lee and co putting the engine in the FV but they looked fairly busy so didnt want to disturb them.

One of two Brazilian stuarts at the show:

IMG_4595.jpg

I loved this Le Tourneau (brought by Carts). I wished i took some photos of it going around the arena but i was overwhelmed by it (and i was eating a hot dog so couldnt reach my camera)

IMG_4596.jpg

IMG_4611.jpg

IMG_4620.jpg

Pipers bathtub (strange but true)

IMG_4623.jpg

Driving under the influence of Jeeps:

IMG_4641.jpg

Most surreal photo and surely worth a caption competition:

IMG_4593.jpg

"Thanks to global warming the War & Peace Show is now taking applications from boat owners!

Moor your sub at one of our fully catered yetties for easy access to the display fields."

:D:D

- Hanno

P.S.: thanks for sharing the pictures!

Edited by mcspool

well my Dad arrived this evening after a grueling journey from Felixstow (6 hours!!!!!) his dog did a poo in the car :shake::shake: and it seems now he (the dog) has a bit of a tummy bug :( but hopefully we will leave here at 7 tomorrow morning and be there for 9ish. Looking forward to seeing you all (not been to W&P for 10years!!!!!!!!!!)

M25 was gridlocked today, if thats possible on a circular car park, so be forewarned.

yeah Dad found that out! Dog did a poo just the wrong side of M40 junction :argh:

That must have been some size of a turd to close down the motorway? :-D

WOW what a day!!!!!!

Left home at 7.15am got to Beltring at 10am.

Met up with Markheliops, tootallmike, ChrisG (thanks for the cake :)) and grasshopper. Went on to find Jack but he was off on a jolly! But did find Bodge there (nice to meet you) went back to find Jack, not only was he there but so was Rambo.

We managed to see most of the vehicles on display and about a quater of the trade stands!!!! No arena diaplays at all too busy walking about. Watched in awe as the Spitfire and Messerschmidt flew over then later in the day watched the Lancaster fly about. All in all it was a grand day out.

And yes guys its true r-cubed really did stay at home and look after the cubelets so I could come and gawp at the vehicles! I am one lucky girl eh??? (Jacks face when I told him the cubed one was at home babysitting was worthy of a picture!!!!!)

We finally arrived back on Hayling Island at about 8pm exhausted but happy. And no poo in the car either!!!!!!!!

Just got back, having met up (as Rosie has) with Too Tall Mike, Grasshopper their respective halves, and all the others (but cannot remember forum monaker to real name combos...but you know who you are) and a HUGE thanks for the warm welcome and rides kindly offered, you realy made my visit.:saluting:

Great show again but as mentioned by others somewhat short of some of the larger tanks... no Chiefs, or Charlies.

(Makes note to find out where in Felixstowe Rosie is as it's not a million miles from me and whether she knows Simon Green?)