Trailers

This is I believe a 'Bridge Launching Trailer' made by Cranes of Dereham. Has anybody got anymore info/pictures on them?

Yes I have the operator handbook for one. That one would be in Rush Green Motors I think ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More so the 2 tonner!!!

The two tonner is is a dream to tow, and a nightmare to reverse!! Even when placed on the front pintel of a Land Rover, maneuvering is is difficult and time consuming ( that is on flat, firm, even ground)

On a side camber, or rutted land, you better off buying a gun and topping yourself!

The two tonner is is a dream to tow, and a nightmare to reverse!! Even when placed on the front pintel of a Land Rover, maneuvering is is difficult and time consuming ( that is on flat, firm, even ground)

On a side camber, or rutted land, you better off buying a gun and topping yourself!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You make me feel so much better !

People have often remarked on my abilities in manoeuvreing trailers into places they wouldnt attempt...........

The reply to which is " you've never seen me with a four wheeled one then !"

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Iam doing a trailer very similar to that one but looking at the one on the forum the front axle looks fixed, and is not a knock out. My trailer has a large pin through the front and if you jack up trailer taking the weight you can pull out the pin and the front axle will pull out on it wheels.

Howard

• 1 month later...
truckbarrow003.jpg

truckbarrow001.jpg

truckbarrow002.jpg

My wife bought this ex military thingy from Ramco, not knowing what it was. They called it a truck barrow, but I am lead to believe that it was a vehicle trailer used by airborn forces and could be used behind Champ/jeep/ Land-Rover etc.

More info welcome. Including de-ciphering the code on the wheel??? please.

Anyone else want one???

http://milweb.net/classifieds/large_image.php?ad=47556&cat=7

• 2 months later...
Grumpy's Militant with MkII stolly on 10 ton Recovery trailer and loading a 1 ton signals box on a Rubery Owen 2 ton draw-bar trailer ( both a black art to reverse!)

i was thinking wot a 1 ton signals box looks like on a rubery owen 2ton trailer thanksf or the pics simon :-\ humm time to start writing the christmass list :-D

nick

I had a BT fibre glass box on a Rubery Owen Two tonner and I found it very top heavy. In the end I welded stops under the front cross axle pivot to stop it rolling over too far.

Completely unorigional, but I never intended to use the trailer off-road in the way it was originally envisaged.

These stops still had about 1/2" clear to allow a little movement but took out the wild excesses of body roll.

Edited by antarmike