early Mw's how many left?

rippo

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I've put my best glasses on, and i think Mr Hanno is trying to catch me out. This is the same truck you posted in 108, and yes i think it is an original aeroscreen MW.:-D

What ho, had not made an effort to check if we had seen it before - but you're right, it's the MWC from Belgium (I did send you the pics and details, didn't I?)

Right then, does anybody else know of any aero-screen MWs we have not seen on here before?

• 6 months later...

2012-09-23 10.44.43.jpg

Hi everyone,

As you can see she is back again in this treath....;)

This is the aeroscreen from post 1 with registration plates PSJ 718..

Did buy her from my mate in 2004 and as far as i know she is the only road registrated aeroscreen here in Holland

correct me if i am wrong...:shocked:

And as many of us i am always on the hunt for spare parts and S shaped tyres for her.....would love to collect one day an original rear body for her... the one on her is a copy.

Cheers,

Louis

Hi Fayjo,

i am happy with my repro body but you know al men have wishes...:-)

I wil take tomorrow some extra photees for you John and the rest who have interest in it ofcourse...

But in 2014 XXX corp wil be driving from Belgium to Arnhem...so that would be a good opportunatie to meet with al the aeroscreens...;-)

Cheers,

Louis

Edited by Louis

have to say the bedford will always be my favourite ,I don`t have a preserved vehicle and sadly when I was a youngster working for my cousin in the 60s I cut up a lot of MWs and O types and sacrilege willys jeeps but they had no value in those far off days hindsight is a great thing, I grew up as a passenger in all types of bedfords with my father when I was young, my cousin had a lovely MW breakdown with 2 michelin men on the roof it really looked the part but alas when it was worn out (they had a hard life with my cousin) it was the old oxy acetylene torch for it. I wish my father was still around he would have loved this site he drove diamond T tank transporters throught out the war in nth africa and italy he had some great stories none of which were about the horrible stuff only funny stories he would love all the restored motors on here as well as I do all you fellas who take on these restorations I take my hat of to you, sorry to go on but I have had a few all the best fredm

hi all, a few photos i took last october of a lovely old mw bedford looking for a new home, apparently all up and running but in need of restoration, i believe it is an early type with the separate windscreens, it is in the yard of bob lammas at salfords on the a23 between coulsdon and crawley, bob is a good man and keen to see it sold for preservation, the asking price is £2500 , hope of some interest, tony g.

1Bedford.jpg

2Bedford.jpg

3Bedford.jpg

4Bedford.jpg

5Bedford.jpg

6Bedford.jpg

7Bedford.jpg

8Bedford.jpg

Hi John,

As promissed here some photees from my aeroscreen

2013-02-17 13.17.57.jpg

Interior

2013-02-17 13.23.55.jpg

right handside engine

2013-02-17 13.25.48.jpg

left handside engine

Hope this is any help for you all....:cool2:

Cheers,

Louis

2012-09-23 10.44.43.jpg

2013-02-17 13.23.21.jpg

Edited by Louis

Hi John,

What about the windows i do have a donor cab for that.

Its a dig up find from an aeroscreen near the airbase Volkel..who was operated bij the RAF for a wee while.

So that problem wil be solved when i get the right mountings of that one to fit on mine MW.

It has at this moment 3 right and 1 left mounting on it thats why the windows are on a wooden base at the momen.

Can you tel me more about the chassis contract number that is shown on top of the dash? (what is your number on that).

And what relation it has to the chassis number?

And do you have a photo of your dash for us here?

Cheers,

Louis

Edited by Louis

Hi John,

I see that we both have the same contract number.

I was wondering wich chassis number would been in this lot and other lots too.

On the spare cab i have (a dig up one) is a contract number that starts with a T and is an 8000 series.

But my contact number is on top of my dash in a thin coper plate not like you have on your rear body.

I think its the efforth wurth to contact the RLC museum who knows what they have in the archive for me...:cool2:

Maurice we al wil keep an eye out for your corner pipe for the airfilter.

Cheers,

Louis