Bedford OX and OS cabs - same, interchangeable?

Posted (edited)

I would like to build a model Bedford OXD in 1:35 scale but there isn't a kit available with late war/postwar closed cab.  I would like to know, are the OX and OS closed cabs the same dimensions?   I have found a plan with dimensions for the OS, below, but I haven't found one for the OX that I can do a size comparison.  I hope to be able to scratchbuild a cab for an OX if possible.

BEDFORD OX

bedford-ox.png.32ad0c65da5dae4c552734123846a0e6.png

BEDFORD OS

OSAT_and_OSBT_dimensions.thumb.jpg.83598fc150b484295640fb566d9fe3e3.jpg

cheers,

Mike

Edited by Royal42

• 1 month later...

I have only just spotted this post so my apologies for the late answer.

Bedford OX and OY cabs are identical and in fact most of the scuttle (but not the parts that you can see from the outside) was also used in the MW. The OS cab is also the same except that the part visible between the door and the bonnet has an extension to the ridge of the door below the window which also continues down the side of the bonnet on the OS. I believe that the panel between the windscreen and the bonnet is identical (contrary to the drawings above) but you would need to confirm that. All the OS Bedfords that I have seen have the same vent in front of the door that the OY/OX cab has so I think that the OS drawing is wrong. There are lots of photos of both on Google images.

David

• Thanks 1