Anyone doing Biggin Hill and Bromley Pageant?

As for Bromley pageant, as far as MVs go, I don't think its much loss. As for Biggin Hill if you see a bus driver round Orpington either making rude gestures at you, or crying, that will be me.:argh: P'S' Watch it on the way out, the route sends you through Cudham. the lanes are narrow for a bike. if you meet the R5 bus on Cudham hill , especially at a narrow point, well if your lucky I'll have the tea in the flask while we wait for the great unwashed to work out, WE CAN'T PASS!!!:yay:

Used to go to Bromley but was put off this year by entry fee :nono: ! How did you book in for Biggin Hill please ? I know it'll be to late for this year but would like to go next if possible ! Regards Andy F

The IMPS are taking bookings as far as I know. ?

Used to go to Bromley but was put off this year by entry fee :nono: ! How did you book in for Biggin Hill please ? I know it'll be to late for this year but would like to go next if possible ! Regards Andy F
Hello mate.You need to contact Nick Cowan.IMPs south rep.I dont think its too late,if you contact him quickly enough. Edited by Mark Burley

It is correct - the 432 will make an entrance at Bromley this year. The Ward was going as well but obviously will not make it.

I don't mind a £5 entry fee as you get a little plaque and a programme - more than you do at some places where you pay to enter -

As long as the weather is OK - the 432 will be there. Not taking it if the ground is soaked as I don't think the park owners will be too impressed by a tracked vehicle wrecking their grass.

Mark - me and Dave will see you there.

Markheliops

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

They used to hold the record for the largest one day show,They have introduced the £5 entry fee to see if they can get the largest one day flop.Not for me principals the same.you come you pay,that attracts more public we earn more.It is/was agood one day show and not bad value for the public,very good for classic cars.

I'm going to Biggin Hill in the Jeep, but not Bromley theyv'e changed the date, going up to Duxford MV show, its same day
I wont take the Jeep to Biggin anymore.Got fed up with the a***holes trying to climb on the back of it to get at the .50.I nearly ripped some tw**s head off last year who persistantly came back to do the same thing.Never had any trouble with the Ferret or 101 though.

Hi Mark

yes we will be at Biggin on Saturday 7th. Hi Nick see you at Duxford as well.Will the Cat

make it to any?, Hi Pat xx

Never been to Bromley Pageant, Us North London boys

Andy

Nick Cowles,13 Grand View Avenue, Biggin Hill TN16 3XB

send SAE and £5 cheque payable to HEMS

steve

Edited by steve ryan

Hi steve thats a No and a No.on the Boat need the adrenalin rush before the diesel goes up.This Mv lark getting a bit boring,pay to get in to increase there profits never in a creation of crows crap.I dont mind paying to get in if i go by car as a punter but not if i am exhibiting,Hi steve xx Patweazle.

In fairness,the £5 donation is towards the HEMS(Helicopter emergancy services)Something i dont mind donating to.

You will be telling me you were born under a gooseberry bush next,you must remember if there mouth is open they are speaking untruths.

Re the £5 minimum donation to be a major part of the ground display at BH Air Fair. Which incidently, costs Joe Public £45 per car to attend.

If it's going to HEMS why does it say on their PDF "make cheques payable to Air Displays International"??

Who me? A somewhat cynical Biggin Hill resident for over 20 years!

Hi Mark

Got turned down for Biggin, left it late and its now full, have a good time, ditto to Nick.

Pat xx and Cat Have a fun time on the boat,

will go to Tilbury on the sat, if they will have us !

steve

Of course they will steve,dont know about fun mate lots of graft.cheers.

Just as well we went on Sunday to Tilford , Not on Saturday, had a fab time.

Hi Mark and Nick how did it go at Biggin, photos please

steve

Hi Pat xx

Hello Steve.Never got any pics.Nick did.I feel(and i think Nick feels the same)That this will be our last Biggin.There just doesnt seem to be any thought towards the militarys.They placed us right near the f**king funfair.And there is too much of a chav element there now.You couldnt hear the planes,so thats telling you how loud it was.Vehicles were thin on the ground,about 25 in total.But it was the getting in that was the problem.I live 4 miles from the airport.It took me over an hour to get from keston to the airport gates.Apparentley it was there busiest Airfair ever,with 120,000 over the two days.On the sunday they were turning people away.I left about 3 o,clock for the trip home,just as the airfield attack scenario took place.There were some people on the Bromley road in Downham treated to an impromtu airshow as the fourship Tornado flight,returned imbound to the airfield for there run.(Never seen them come that far north before).Had the same thing happen on Sunday.Bang on 3.45 they screamed low over the house on full re-heat.What a noise.All the alarms went off on the cars,and the road filled with the smell of JP-8.Lovely........