Landrover Gallery.

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)

This is like saying if you steal a car that's ok as long as nobody knows where it came from and nobody misses it.
And your point is???????!.Did i at any point claim them to be my photos??!No i didnt!! If you had waited,then i would have given full credit.I am sure you have posted pics that didnt belong to you.Did anyone make an issue of it.

I really cant see what you were trying to achieve,apart from let everyone know that they came from Bob Morrisons publication.

Here fella.Have a medal..................You deserve itclapping.gif

Jack. Sorry for the rant,and i will remove the offending pics.

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see why you are making such a big issue out of this. All I did was state which book they had been published in. I never made a comment about theft, copyright or anything else. I didn't contact anyone asking for them to be removed. You seem to have a bee in your bonnet for some reason and I seem to be the target of your aggression. From the way you have reacted it's as if I have spoilt the illusion that they were your photos!

Like i said.I wasnt claiming them to be my photos,and nor would i. As on other forums that i use and to the people that have taken pics of my cars at sporting events or other pics i have used,then i always give full credit to those that have taken them.

B.t.w i dont want to spoil the illusion that when you are driving your CVRT down the road in your camo,that you are in the Army and not a civvie!.

I can't see why you are making such a big issue out of this. All I did was state which book they had been published in. I never made a comment about theft, copyright or anything else. I didn't contact anyone asking for them to be removed. You seem to have a bee in your bonnet for some reason and I seem to be the target of your aggression. From the way you have reacted it's as if I have spoilt the illusion that they were your photos!
Look at the way you stated it in your thread!!!. Edited by Lord Burley

Guest catweazle (Banned Member)
Thank you gents. Back on topic please :iamsmiling:

Well said Jack, i have refrained from comment about photo copywrite as i have a personel axe to grind over this subject and my views are biased.

It is in fact a very complicated and interesting subject i dont know if we could discuss this elsewhere or if Jack is of the frame of mind to allow it.

It does affect our hobby a great deal especially when it comes to Forums.

There are of course free pics out there but i suspect one way or another

we all have broken c/write.To be fair without pics most Forums are not worth a carrot.

now if you wont to fight about this some more bugger off to the Scammell threads there a rough lot over there.

Be Warned.

gpGAhxce1p_m.jpg

This picture is c/write of my mate Benny,cheers mate.

To head back on thread, here is a picture of part of my lineup.

From left to right they are:

Direction Finder

Radio Jammer

Jamming and Direction Finding Control Vehicle

Radar Interception Vehicle

All 4 served together with the same unit in the gulf, this is the first time they were back together since.

lineup.jpg

To head back on thread, here is a picture of part of my lineup..

Well I'm not parking next to you at a show, I won't be able to receive anything!

Had you thought of trying to contact any servicemen that had served with them?

They might be chuffed that these artefacts have been preserved & who knows what stories, info & photos might follow such a reunion?

Hi Clive,

I do have contact with a few people who served in these vehicles.

Have a great picture of the chap who served in 84KB11 sat in the back, can't post it though as he is still serving.

Tried talking to some MOD/signals contacts, but most refused to admit these even existed, partly due to some of the kit still being in use.

I do have contact with a few people who served in these vehicles. Have a great picture of the chap who served in 84KB11 sat in the back, can't post it though as he is still serving.

Yes I was forgetting that aspect of it. Well I look forward to seeing all of your "non-existent" Rovers in the summer & I don't what to be interfered with!

• 4 weeks later...
They are the marshalls vehicles from bisley.

Situation must be serious at Bisley, since I used to go there, don't recollect having to have bullet proof vehicles then :(

Actually, a few odd things about the Rover, looks like a military type rear cross member, civvy type side and flasher lamps, rear mounted fuel tank, which would not indicate them to have been used by the army in NI. Clive will know for sure if RUC, I suspect.

DSC03216Large.jpg

She may not be military but this has been my introduction to vintage vehicles. She's green, so we're not too far away! :-D

I'm hoping when the time comes the Ferret will simply be passed down to me, so I won't be digging into my own pocket for an MV!!:yay:

Best regards, Lewis.

background1.jpg

This is a Commando/Verkennings Voertuig - which translates as Command / Recce Vehicle - of the Royal Dutch Army in the 1980s. This is what my Laro (Heidi) should look like. I'm still looking for the front brush guard, so if anyone out there can help drop me a line ;¬)

This is a Commando/Verkennings Voertuig - which translates as Command / Recce Vehicle - of the Royal Dutch Army in the 1980s. This is what my Laro (Heidi) should look like. I'm still looking for the front brush guard, so if anyone out there can help drop me a line ;¬)

Gareth,

Good to see a Dutch HMV on this forum! Your Landrover is of the Verkenning type. Dutch Land-Rover inventory totalled 2854 type 88 AD (Algemene dienst, General Service), 1543 type 109 AD, 524 type 109 GWT (Gewondentransport, Ambulance) en 250 type 109 Verkenning.

The Land-Rover 109 - or "Laro" - Verkenning was officially (also) known as a Commando/verkenningsvoertuig 0,75 ton, 4x4, Land-Rover, it´s role was that of a Reconnaissance vehicle. It was not a command vehicle, the confusion is most likely due to the fact that the main activity of the Dutch Commandos (Korps Commandotroepen (KCT)) is reconnaissance.

I saw you are looking for the front brushguard. This is known as "takkenvanger", literally translated as "branch catcher".

HTH,

Hanno

Land-Rover Verkenning.jpg

Edited by mcspool
picture from technical manual added

I saw you are looking for the front brushguard. This is known as "takkenvanger", literally translated as "branch catcher".

HTH,

Hanno

:iloveyou: Thank you! Thank you!

Now I just need to find one :) This is the only major part that is missing from Heidi, so fingers crossed...

I also have the technical handbook. It mentions another variant of the 109: Terreinmeetdienst Voertuig - Ground Survey? A soft-top with a full-length roof rack. do you know how these were used?

Gareth,

The Terreinmeetdienst is a subunit of Artillery. By surveying activities this unit stipulates the exact zero point and direction of an artillery piece or battery. The unit carries advanced position-fixing and direction equipment.

HTH,

Hanno

Gareth,

The Terreinmeetdienst is a subunit of Artillery. By surveying activities this unit stipulates the exact zero point and direction of an artillery piece or battery. The unit carries advanced position-fixing and direction equipment.

HTH,

Hanno

Thanks - you're a mine of information :)

I have been looking for photos of Dutch Laros on the net but they're hard to find. Heidi's restoration is making good progress - thanks in no small part to my friends Jim, Steven and Timo over there in the Netherlands. I'm always looking for Dutch stuff. If you come to Beltring this year we'll have a beer together :beer: