What model kit is this & what scale is it please?, I need something to do, now that I am virtually retired.

From dizzy-t.This applies to the Picfords model, fantastic, any idea who built it and what scale it might be?.

Edited by dizzy-t
wrong user name

So why cant we have models like this to build, be something to look forward to when we retire, any body know of a good quality kit to make (not airfix 1.76th scale), i do know of a 1.35th scale, but its made of resin & costs about £50, I have never worked with resin, so would'nt want to waste £50 messing it up, so how easy is it to work with.

dizzy-t

Edited by dizzy-t
Wrong user name

Thanks for the introduction to the radio controlled DT, actually the Pacific was very good, but you have to try and find this, as its a couple of films further on.

Many thanks.

dizzy-t

:idea:. Could'nt all of us Diamond T fans get together and ask some one like Hornby if they would make a Diamond T Tank Transporter, in a large scale, as it would be a best seller, I know that I would probably have some, think of all the model makers and DT enthusiasts. I have in my Corgi Diamond T collection, the Wynns set, The Pickfords set, plus two Wreckers, Renault & French Fire Brigade, I used to have all of them bar the house mover, but have kept the goods ones back.:):yay::coffee:

Hi Adrian, The radio controled Diamond T on you tube is my friends. Its 1/6 scale he also has a 1/6 scale Cromwell tank and is going to build the Rogers when the Diamond is finished. I'll get some up to date photos off him and post them soon.

GetAttachmentewqd.jpg

trgtrg.jpg

wedew.jpg

Dear Les. Can you tell me more about your model, is it the Airfix one or some other make, & what scale would this model be. I have heard about a resin Diamond T in 1/35th scale, would love to make it, but have never worked with resin so would hate to ruin £50's worth of model, any ideas on how to use this product.

Would be graeat to see another DT book, and incedently many thanks for printing all of the photos I sent to you for the 1st book, shame you got my name wrong though.

Regards from

Richard Smith (dizzy-t)

Civvy reg Diamond T 981 in a yard of old military vehicles, i am interested to find out the make of that vehicle on the right with the unusual tailgate, it looks to be a 3 tonner or maybe even the 5 ton 6 wheel Thornycroft Nubian. Its difficult to see if it has 1 or 2 rear axles but the back of the cab looks thorny to me

6.jpg

Civvy reg Diamond T 981 in a yard of old military vehicles, i am interested to find out the make of that vehicle on the right with the unusual tailgate, it looks to be a 3 tonner or maybe even the 5 ton 6 wheel Thornycroft Nubian. Its difficult to see if it has 1 or 2 rear axles but the back of the cab looks thorny to me

Could it possibly be a pressed Aluminium "Hills" Thornycroft badge, on the Arm to the left of the rear cross member?

Richard, sorry i missed your question but if you are refering to the model i have shown in the past its the Matchbox (now Revell)kit in 1/76. I have a number of kits of Ts in various scales including two 1/35 scale resin models to complete. Resin is not so bad to work with, some tips if parts are warped use a hairdryer to warm them, straighten and place in cold water to cool, always use a emery board for filing as metal files are to harsh. One problem with some resin kits is the over large cast off points these need to be sawn off and filed smooth be prepared to make up some parts especially the smaller items as they have tendancy to break so basically its time patience and care and you will get results

hope this helps, if you go ahead with a resin kit just shout when you have a problem

cheers

Les

At the risk of having shown at least one of these photos before, well with almost forty pages now its gets difficult to remember all the photos here are three photos taken a long time ago at one of the first Duxford shows and one of the first restored to military Diamond T i had seen, if i remember it belong to a chap called Dennis who then lived in the Bristol area sorry i cant recall his second name

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Dear Les. Many thanks for the tips regarding the resin Diamond T, I will be buying one of them next year. I thought that I would paint it in Sunters Livery, anyone got any good colour photos of their DT's, also does any one remember the Wrecker Trials at Shottesbrooke in the 1970's, I can remember following a wrecker firm home from there one time, as far as I can remember they had a Reo, I think a Ward le France and another wrecker all on A bars, the firm came from Herefordshire somewhere. There used to be loads of DT's on sight, brilliant week end.

Hi Les hope you well...Yes the same Diamond T is now coupled to my old Crane mk 1 tank transporter Trailer and owned by the Muckleburgh collection ...Roughly round about that time there were 4 well known DTs ..Tom Bowmans ..the 1 in question my old 980 now owned by John Simmonds in civvy Guise...Jeff Browns at Bristol..and Tony Graves in westerham ...quite a few more these days to admire ..speak soon mate

Dear Les. Many thanks for the info, Wife permiting I will get this kit next year, then I can lock myself in the shed and wittle away to my hearts content (& face the music when I let myself out). You say you have other Dt kits made, what are these, I only know of the Airfix & Wespe, Corgi & Matchbox models, I did'nt know there were others. Just a few questions, what are the dimensions of the model (in inches please, we did'nt do cm & metres at school), also how do you stick the parts together? & how many parts re there?. At the Army camp where I drove the DT, there were weights in the ballast box, how much would have been in there and at what time would these have been added, just for towing. Looking forward to your reply.

Regards from

dizzy-t

Nice to see my old Diamond, on page 39, still looking good. Trawwling through some of my old photos I came across a photo of it taken in 1975 in Sullivan's Yard at Bedhampton after coming from Ruddington on a crane trailer. The second photo I took on the day I picked it up in 1978. I still have somewhere, the original release note for it. Hope of interest.

All the best. Tony G.

Sullivan's Yard&Pick up Day.jpg

Dear Les. Many thanks for the tips regarding the resin Diamond T, I will be buying one of them next year. I thought that I would paint it in Sunters Livery, anyone got any good colour photos of their DT's?

If you want Sunters info then Dave Weedon is the man to talk to, contact details at http://www.classictracksandtrucks.co.uk/