Antar Gallery

And in passing John Cooper from Worthing from whom Tony Potton, bought YNJ also had a Mk3 Antar. This sold in auction and is now owned by David Crouch at Kibworth. Has anyone got pictures of any of David's Antars?

Yep, but will have to do some searching !

Hi. Yes this is Fazakerley Engineering Company in Liverpool. (Williams Motor Co) This photo was taken by some visiting 16 Tank guys in about 76/77. The skinny ginger in the background is me.

The photo is four Mk3's setting off for Marchwood, the second vehicle is me on my 1st delivery outing the day after I got my class 1 HGV.

Going Back.jpg

Hi. Yes this is Fazakerley Engineering Company in Liverpool. (Williams Motor Co) This photo was taken by some visiting 16 Tank guys in about 76/77. The skinny ginger in the background is me.

The photo is four Mk3's setting off for Marchwood, the second vehicle is me on my 1st delivery outing the day after I got my class 1 HGV.

Odd to see trade plates and military numbers on the same vehicle at the same time.

And a Sno-Cat too! Nice collection.

Not only does he have two Antars and a Sno-Cat, but I've recently sold him an MH-Ford SnoGo too.....

pgo2.jpg

It's the Snowy Mountain area of Australia (well it would have to be, with a 1960's Tucker 443 Sno-Cat, wouldn't it?) and equipment like this was used in the contruction of the original dams and power plants thereabouts, although none of the original equipment survives, apparently.

Antars hauled the heavy gear, MH-Ford SnoGos cleared the road, and so on.

So if you want to re-create it, just go out and buy it all again.

Gordon

Edited by Gordon_M

It is odd that nobody made a mass produced Die cast Mk3 unless you call the "Benbro??" abortion a mark 3....It is so bad it is hard to know what it is a model of.

antarmodels001-1.jpg

antarmodels003.jpg

It has Mk3 front wings, Mk2 front bumper, but toolboxes and fuel tanksare wrong for either mark and it has the wrong number of bars in the radiator grill. It is obviously maent to be an Antar but which Model?? (alongide Lesney Tractor for comparison...

antarmodels005-1.jpg

Edited by antarmike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi FEC. I am new to the forum. I have just looked at all of the Antar links and am really impressed with all of the photographs and interest in these great vehicles. The Fazkerley Engineering pictures are excellent. Do you have any more? I remember the rows of Antars in Fazakerley Engineering. My Dad worked there for over 30 years mostly as a panel beater. Saturday's were special for me as I had the place to myself (graet when you are about 12 years old). I think I must have sat in every Mk3 Antar and plenty of MK2's. Every so often it would be the Saturday test section Antar treat!. A trailer fully loaded with concrete and off down the M57 with two of test section fitters. It's a pity Fazekerley closed they rebuilt everything from just after WWII upto the last Stalwarts.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jimmy

I was at FEC from the tender age of 16 to 1984 ending up in the test section for six of them, testing Antars and Stalwarts and all the other Tonkers that past our way. I had to pinch myself some times after a day of playing with some of the equipment in the name of proof testing and being paid for the pleasure.

What's your Dads name I will have worked with him?

Hi Jimmy

I was at FEC from the tender age of 16 to 1984 ending up in the test section for six of them, testing Antars and Stalwarts and all the other Tonkers that past our way. I had to pinch myself some times after a day of playing with some of the equipment in the name of proof testing and being paid for the pleasure.

What's your Dads name I will have worked with him?

I own a Scammell Pioneer SV/2S BUILT IN 1945 it was rebuilt in 1958 at Fazakerly . i am searching for the history about its last unit it was attached to it was 910 squadron R.C.T /R.E.M.E L.A.D workshops T.A i think these were based in Liverpool anyone got any info