Badges ?

Richard Farrant

Me too. I sent a message to Admin to inform them and to request reinstatement of my previous to the 19th, status. 'They' had also awarded me some badges....so said the new 'never been seen before' type of notifications. Weird or what?

8 hours ago, Richard Farrant said:

Something has happened to the forum today and we appear to have been awarded different types of badges. Having been a member of this forum for 16 years now, why am I labelled as a 'Newbie', makes no sense at all. Another gimmick from the forum server no doubt.

Same here, been on since 2016, didnt say as thought it was just me

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Richard Farrant said:

Something has happened to the forum today and we appear to have been awarded different types of badges. Having been a member of this forum for 16 years now, why am I labelled as a 'Newbie', makes no sense at all. Another gimmick from the forum server no doubt.

Same here, been on since 2016, didnt say as thought it was just me

Having just posted I have been congratulated on my 10th and 500th post both at the same time., that was a long time ago.

Under badges I know have 6, but the time line does not reflect this.

All those confused please raise their hand

Edited by Surveyor
  • Like 1

So, as usual each morning I have a browse through the updated threads on the forum, I hit the like button on a couple and when I did it on the third it tells me I have reached the maximum for the day??

So are we now capped at how many reactions we can make? 

I had a Notification this morning. I thought it might be important, but no, it was telling me I have been 'awarded' badges. The whole thing seems very childish. I despised such meaningless "rewards" when I was a child, and my views haven't changed. I would like to prevent any such Notifications from the awards system if I could, but apparently I can't, so I have  to live with the irritation it causes, or leave. 

• Like 1

Having been a member of this forum for nearly 16 years, it is a bit of an insult to be told you now have your 1 year badge. This gimmick is ridiculous on a long established forum as it does not appear to take account of anything other than the past year. Also it is obviously annoying members going by the responses on this thread.

• Like 4

I thought the rank system was good, to me it just showed you who was using the forum a lot and what sort of contribution they were making.

I would also say it sort of went on in the background, this badge system giving notifications all the time, like how far you are away from the next badge is irritating.

• Like 1