Professions/trades in profile

Tunnel_Rat

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah - but what would I put in such a thing - what I used to do (Oracle DBA, Intel Server Admin, Webmaster) or what I am now (compulsorily retired) ????

Ah, another Computer man. I used to be a Datacentre supervisor, making sure the Computer rooms were usable (for Vodafone). Now voluntarily retired.

Been with Kent Fire and Rescue Service since 2003. Employed as a Crew Manager at Thames-side Fire Station in Gravesend.

Prior to that - employed as a heavy commercial recovery driver.

Before that, HM forces.

Before that - a mouthy little sprog. :-D

Markheliops

BUT in real life when at 'Home' in Jersey spend more time under the ground than above it. :angel:

Excellent, I too love to spend time underground, been a pastime of mine for longer than I can remember :-) Jersey is somewhere that I intend to explore when I get the time, which sites have you ventured to??

If you boys sort a bunkering mission count me in! I have lived in Jersey for 17 wonderful years and used to go when I first moved here.Been a long time.I am a vintage and classic car restorer by trade (just to move back on topic!!!)

Daren

Ca va mon v :-D Crapuds rule :angel:. Last time I got over with vehicle was May 9 2005 with the Dodge, and the Garrison. People over here still talk about. I hear Richard is organising something soon. Great what the rock needs. I show the dodge in Force 135 colours. she will be off to Ieper as support vehicle for a Passendale Remembrance march. A lot of Good jersey men died so I will honoured and proud to fly the flag. I always spend sometime at Lothregin. People are posting photos of British vehicles in German use else where. I've put them on to CIOS site and Occupation memorial site. We probably know a lot of the same people, say hello Denis Le jeune next time you see him. and raspberry's to a few other, Oh I miss the Island poltics, you couldn't write a soap opera of it, no one would believe it. :evil:

Been with Kent Fire and Rescue Service since 2003. Employed as a Crew Manager at Thames-side Fire Station in Gravesend.

Prior to that - employed as a heavy commercial recovery driver.

Before that, HM forces.

Before that - a mouthy little sprog. :-D

Markheliops

Mick

My Daughter Emma lives down your way in Swanscombe, working as a Nurse in A&E in QEH in Woolwich. She wants to join Kent Ambulance as a Paramedic.

Alraaaat you aye?!!!Yeh,I think Richard would like to do another show.I missed the last one as I was in the UK at the time,but heard it was good.Loads of pics on the Jersey Military Vehicle Club website.

Denis is fine.Haven't seen him for a while,but will send regards.What is your surname Tony!!!!My Chevy C30 is supposedly ex Force135.Have been to the archive and done some research,but not 100% sure yet!!

I really wouldn't have thought Jersey politics would be very high on my "thing I miss about Jersey" list!Who are the rasberries for?Dish it!!!

Abento

Daren

Hey Darren the surname is Banner. I have to say the Jersey vehicle I desperatley covert and lay awake at night planning to sneack onto Condor is Ian Cabot's Dodge Command car.I didn't know there was a 101 ambulance on the Island. Whose got that?

The Hardyferrets - we have our own business, Air & Power Services Ltd which does pretty much what it says on the box. :-D

Supply, installation and service of air compressors and associated plant, including air quality testing and pressure testing.

But Hardyferret will, if pushed, describe himself as 'an industrial gypsy' he served his apprenticeship at Atomic Energy Research Establishment at Winfrith and is happy to turn his hand to anything oily & grubby, noisy, old and decrepit, something no one in their right mind would want .........

or any of the above items located underwater :captain:

Me - I'm just the gofer!

But a gofer with clout you understand :naughty:

Aircraft maintenance technician, well allmost, I was unfairly dismissed 3 months before qualifying. Now been out of work for 2 years 5 days :banghead:

Got the boot after almost 5 years (unofficial for costcutting and my bad back).

No job for 3 years.

Oh yeah, the company is locking its doors in september.....