Scrap yard relics...

Jack

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

It is a shame that there are still a lot of vehicles that are just rotting away :undecided:.

While looking around on the web I came across the website of travellerdave, maybe some of you know the site.

http://www.travellerdave.co.uk/?s=31

On his site I found some pictures of a scrap yard in France (La Sône) with a lot of military vehicles.

Maybe you already know about this, but I just had to make sure.

I have been looking through this thread but haven't been able to find anything that looks like it.

Greetzz,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58457[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]58456[/ATTACH]

An early towing Pintle with the small stubby arms.......Nice and desireable........

Mike is any of this gear available or is the guy just a hoarded??????

Regards

An early towing Pintle with the small stubby arms.......Nice and desireable........Mike is any of this gear available or is the guy just a hoarded??????Regards
Yeah I picked up one for a guy in aussie for 28 to 30 quid (just waiting on the address to post it)- think he has several more NOS onesIts a pity really as there has been some real bargains that have come up but an ebay dealer is grabbing a lot of it now.

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder if any of them featured in Frituur Zorro?

False hope.. All our pictures date from the seventies and I am sure, they are all gone now (sob) or are in the hands of you, the collectors, restoring them to pristine condition (sob again)

• 3 months later...

Another visit and a few more pictures

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63800[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63808[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63807[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63806[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63805[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63804[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63803[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63801[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]63809[/ATTACH]photos

following that link and looking through them all there is an incredibly complete Panzer MK4 sitting in the Golan Heights if anyone wants to go and have a word with the Syrians...

Well...........with the current situation being somewhat frosty......................can i be a fly on the wall whilst you have that small chat of yours. :-)

Suspect to get it out of the country you would need a belt fed bribe machine.

Well...........with the current situation being somewhat frosty......................can i be a fly on the wall whilst you have that small chat of yours. :-)

Suspect to get it out of the country you would need a belt fed bribe machine.

yeah know what you mean:cool2:...d'you reckon diplomacy or a loaded AK47 would be the best approach ?

all jokes aside.....as more and more of these previously 'unfriendly & more or less closed' countries change socially and politically, I'm sure they'll be some awesome finds made in the next few years.......

Unfortunately I haven't got room for the gates let a lone the Scammell. Not sure who the owner is but it's parked up with an assortment of trucks. It certainly hasn't moved for a while but looks to be in fairly good condition.

I can probably find out more if anyone is interested.

This is def the website to find someone that will be interested...:-\

....I'd really love to own such a big lumpy beast but as you say ...my driveway is cramped enough with a spare Landrover on it ...and I think my old Mum would draw the line at a Scammel sitting there alongside the other Landrover that's currently 'awaiting it's turn' in her garden :-D

......Just out of interest ....what neck of the woods is she currently nesting?